Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device History Plug-In Beta Testing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hi Shill,

    The time an date on the graph's x-axis show the right ( 24 hours) time
    for me.
    But the time under "Value Changes" is eg. 4:15:31 instead of 16:15:31.
    Is there a solution to set these time settings to 24 hours and date settings eg.
    3.1.2015 to 1.3.2015 (day.month.year) ?
    I live in Germany and these settings would be much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Fischi

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by shill View Post
      Are you using this on Linux or Windows? The override file is working fine on my Windows box, but the same file on my Linux test environment does what you described. I've asked about it in the thread above, but no reply yet from HS folks.

      The next release should feature sortable tables on the chart page, and I've noted the location sort on the config page, too - thanks. I'll also play with the scrollbar idea on the value table - maybe make some options to control if it does/doesn't and how tall it needs to be. The challenge in making it a fixed size is the variety of monitor sizes.

      Thanks for the feedback!
      I'm running Windows 7. I have worked with a lot of beta plug-ins that use the updater_override file without issue. I'll take a look at the file and see if I can find anything wrong with it.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #48
        still can't get the installer to work

        Now I get the message:

        Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

        Comment


        • #49
          maybe this is the problem

          So....

          Maybe, because I deleted the old 9.0 files and settings.

          Looks like the updater is setup to 'update' instead of installing complete.

          Comment


          • #50
            Hi,
            I've updated the plugin without any problems.
            I've added the content of the attached updater_override into a new text document and putted it into the Hs3 root folder.
            Then I replaced the existing zip file and installed the update.

            Fischi

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I'm running Windows 7. I have worked with a lot of beta plug-ins that use the updater_override file without issue. I'll take a look at the file and see if I can find anything wrong with it.
              For what it is worth, here is what I found.

              If you right click on the Updater_override file in the first post and "save as" it is formatted completely differently than if you open the file in a browser. If you copy the text from the browser window and paste it into a document named updater_override.txt, the update will work. If you use the file downloaded with "save as" it will not work. I have attached both to this post. The one with _paste appended to the end is one I created by pasting the contents of the browser window into a blank document. If you look at the two it is clear the downloaded file has screwed up formatting as compared to the pasted text from the browser.

              It doesn't make any difference whether you are updating or installing fresh.
              Attached Files
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #52
                Wow!

                Yup, thx. Got it working.

                ps. Why are your attachments a .php file?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  For what it is worth, here is what I found.

                  If you right click on the Updater_override file in the first post and "save as" it is formatted completely differently than if you open the file in a browser. If you copy the text from the browser window and paste it into a document named updater_override.txt, the update will work. If you use the file downloaded with "save as" it will not work. I have attached both to this post. The one with _paste appended to the end is one I created by pasting the contents of the browser window into a blank document. If you look at the two it is clear the downloaded file has screwed up formatting as compared to the pasted text from the browser.

                  It doesn't make any difference whether you are updating or installing fresh.
                  Aha! It's a Unix/DOS thing. Took me a bit to figure it out because I use TextPad for everything and never looked at the files in Notepad, so it shows them as identical because it automagically papers over the CR/LF issues.

                  I created the files on my development box, but my web server is linux, and WinSCP copied the file over and converted it automatically (removed the carriage return). I moved it over as a binary file and it should now work.

                  Sorry for the hassle, and thanks to rprade for pointing me in the right direction!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by shill View Post
                    Aha! It's a Unix/DOS thing. Took me a bit to figure it out because I use TextPad for everything and never looked at the files in Notepad, so it shows them as identical because it automagically papers over the CR/LF issues.

                    I created the files on my development box, but my web server is linux, and WinSCP copied the file over and converted it automatically (removed the carriage return). I moved it over as a binary file and it should now work.

                    Sorry for the hassle, and thanks to rprade for pointing me in the right direction!
                    The missing CR/LF is exactly what I noticed and I suspected (and the failure proves) that HS is looking for a new line as it parses the file. Glad I could help.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

                    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                      Hi Shill,

                      The time an date on the graph's x-axis show the right ( 24 hours) time
                      for me.
                      But the time under "Value Changes" is eg. 4:15:31 instead of 16:15:31.
                      Is there a solution to set these time settings to 24 hours and date settings eg.
                      3.1.2015 to 1.3.2015 (day.month.year) ?
                      I live in Germany and these settings would be much appreciated.

                      Regards,
                      Fischi
                      Dang! I tried hard to use locale-safe functions, but it looks like I missed a spot Thanks for catching that, it will be updated for the next version.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Another update just posted. I think I have the installation issues sorted out, and the only known issues at this time are the weird HTML behaviors on the config page when running under Linux (looks fine on Windows).

                        In the next release I'll be adding sorting for the frequency and duration tables, potentially some more summary statistics, and investigating an option for "last X hours" instead of fixed date boundaries. Barring any major reported issues, that will probably be the last beta release, so speak soon if you have suggestions you want to see included in the first release before this moves to the HS store!

                        Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and suggestions so far.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Do I still have the opportunity to try this PI? If so where do I get it from updater?
                          Hector
                          ____________________________________
                          Win.2003 OS, HS3
                          BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                          BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Do I still have the opportunity to try this PI? If so where do I get it from updater?
                            It is in the first post of this thread along with the installation instructions.
                            Randy Prade
                            Aurora, CO
                            Prades.net

                            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by shill View Post
                              Another update just posted. I think I have the installation issues sorted out, and the only known issues at this time are the weird HTML behaviors on the config page when running under Linux (looks fine on Windows).

                              In the next release I'll be adding sorting for the frequency and duration tables, potentially some more summary statistics, and investigating an option for "last X hours" instead of fixed date boundaries. Barring any major reported issues, that will probably be the last beta release, so speak soon if you have suggestions you want to see included in the first release before this moves to the HS store!

                              Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and suggestions so far.
                              I like it! The install went fine this time, the sorting options are very helpful as is the adjustable size of Value History.

                              The "last x hours" option would be useful as well.

                              If I had one last thing on my wish list it would be the ability to hover over any point on the graph and have a tool tip show the time, date and value at that exact point.

                              I will be purchasing this plug-in when you put it in the store.
                              Randy Prade
                              Aurora, CO
                              Prades.net

                              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Another thumbs-up vote, with feedback

                                I too am enjoying this plug-in.

                                Feedback:

                                On the configuration screen, make the 'Available' and 'Monitored Devices' windows wider, less word-wrap. Also the 'Location' drop down.

                                On the settings page, what is the definition of 'pixels'? (Doesn't pass the waf test.) May want to use something more meaningful, like 'lines'.

                                On the chart page, again widen the 'Device' drop down box.

                                When I remove all charts, so there is nothing defined, then ask for the chart window, I get a completely blank screen, no HS headers or anything. Then I need to use the IE back button to recover.

                                That's it, looking forward to the new version...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X