Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Pushover.net Open Clients or Desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Pushover.net Open Clients or Desktop?

Hi Homeseer Team,

I don't want to preempt what I am doing, or put the cart too far ahead of the horse but for the last month or so I have been using the Pushover.net Open Client API in a plugin of my own, initially this was hard coded with all of my details but over the last few weeks I have been working towards making it more flexible so that others can use it.

At the moment it is not ready to trigger on messages being received (but I intend for it to), and I have not yet added handlers to deal with Emergency Priority messages (e.g. acknowledgements) but it does receive the messages relatively well.

I intend to release this to the public if I can get all of the bugs and issues sorted out, but I wanted to get a feel for if anyone is currently using the Pushover.net Open Clients system, e.g. where you can receive your messages to a chrome or firefox browser?

If so, and you are interested in taking part in a beta of this plugin let me know (though this thread) and once it is ready I will get in touch. It does work on Mono and Windows from what I can see (tested on Ubuntu).

Note: This plugin is only for receiving messages, not for sending them.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Hi Homeseer Team,

I don't want to preempt what I am doing, or put the cart too far ahead of the horse but for the last month or so I have been using the Pushover.net Open Client API in a plugin of my own, initially this was hard coded with all of my details but over the last few weeks I have been working towards making it more flexible so that others can use it.

At the moment it is not ready to trigger on messages being received (but I intend for it to), and I have not yet added handlers to deal with Emergency Priority messages (e.g. acknowledgements) but it does receive the messages relatively well.

I intend to release this to the public if I can get all of the bugs and issues sorted out, but I wanted to get a feel for if anyone is currently using the Pushover.net Open Clients system, e.g. where you can receive your messages to a chrome or firefox browser?

If so, and you are interested in taking part in a beta of this plugin let me know (though this thread) and once it is ready I will get in touch. It does work on Mono and Windows from what I can see (tested on Ubuntu).

Note: This plugin is only for receiving messages, not for sending them.
    I am using it on Chrome under Windows and would be willing to test your beta. I find the browser client to be of limited use, but I purchased it 9 months ago.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I was the same, I found the browser of very limited use and when I found out about their Open Client API I was quite excited, it may be worth you googling it as a number of standalone windows programs now exist (some free) which let you skip the browser completely and get pushover messages strait to the desktop.

The bonus with the open client API, is that it is the same licence as the browser (e.g. Chrome) stuff, so as long as you have that licence and have not gone over i think 5 devices (open client devices) you can use any of the other open client programs.

In my case, I wanted my HS system to be able to respond to pushover messages as I thought there are some cases where you may want the house to respond to a specific event being recieved, say for example one of your production servers goes down, and you have a monitoring service linked to pushover, if you are at home and this happens it might fire a TTS event or something similar.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

pushover receiving

Im internsted to

Comment

Working...
        X