Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really stupid question: How to remove the light bulb from a new device?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really stupid question: How to remove the light bulb from a new device?!

I've been scripting from the day I got HS2 in 2007, and I'm still scripting. I've written a couple of simple HS2 plugins, and I'm in the middle of tearing the sample plugin apart to understand it better.

But one really simple thing is bothering me alot:
    How on earth can I create a simple new device without that blasted light bulb?!??!
    I want text only!

Yes, I know about ValueStatus Pairs and ValueGraphics Pairs, but that's not it, apparently.
    I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of, I'm stuck!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Unscrew it?
    cheeryfool

Comment

Possibly known and a frustrating bug http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166047 & http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1152546, it drives me mad also and can't fathom why it has not been found in testing. No matter what if the interface property is nothing then the light bulbs stay there, I don't know why in your case if you are doing it from a plugin (which should be I hope setting that property). I know I have three devices with the light bulbs and they are nothing to do with lighting!
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
      Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

You can replace the light bulb graphic with anything else you choose, even if it just a transparent nothingness....
        Jim
        ----
        Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

Comment

What worked for me, and I fully admit this was by trial and error, and I really don't know what I was doing, was to create a one pixel transparent png image in paint.net, and assign that as the status graphic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
            You can replace the light bulb graphic with anything else you choose, even if it just a transparent nothingness....
            Not in my case, as you see I don't have any graphics in my status pages at all and the light bulb is still there. The on graphic if I replace it with something transparent will then change every other device I legitimately actually want the light bulb in.
            Last edited by mrhappy; August 2nd, 2015, 04:54 AM.
            My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

In your example I'm not seeing any custom Status Graphics assigned.

If you "Add New Single Graphic" for 0 for "off" and another with 255 for "on" as single pixel transparent graphics, those generalize out for all your Status Graphics for "on" or "off"?

I've had that happen when I'm working with Device Image and Thumbnail Image, but I've not had it happen to me for the Status Graphics. I've changed some to be O and | for outlets and such, and they didn't change for any other devices, nor did the transparent ones.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by madigan; May 29th, 2015, 10:32 PM. Reason: including image

Comment

Setting ValueGraphics pairs with a transparent image is of course an option, but I don't think it's the best solution. If I want to have multiple text lines, the textlines won't align (I know, I've tried).

I'm writing a plugin, and yes, the interface property is set correctly.

The SCSIP plugin can do this, the RFXCOM plugin and Z-wave plugin can do this too. See a SCSIP device below:
                Attached Files
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

All I can say is that when I create a device with the following script then the light bulb graphic is not present, not sure which bit is responsible for the actual removal, I thought it was the interface line but the downside of setting that is that if you want to control the device then it thinks it is a plugin and tries to call into it. In the attached graphic the two with the dimmed icons were created by the UI and again the bulb appears and you can't get rid of it, personally I don't want to start using transparent graphics and were prefer it if the bug was not there.

Code:
                  Sub CreateDevices()

Dim CurrRef As Integer = 0
                      Dim BaseRef As Integer = 0
                      Dim dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass = Nothing
                      Dim root_dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass = Nothing

Try
                          Log("Devices Do Not Exist - Creating")
                          'four devices need to be created, root, current location, current time, am I at home
                          For i As Byte = 0 To 2 'needs to be four new devices
                              Select Case i
                                  Case 0
                                      dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(hs.NewDeviceRef("Root Device"))
                                      dv.Address(hs) = DAddS & "-Root"
                                      BaseRef = dv.Ref(hs)
                                  Case 1
                                      dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(hs.NewDeviceRef("Average Upstairs Temperature"))
                                      dv.Address(hs) = DAddS & "-AverageUpstairs"
                                  Case 2
                                      dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(hs.NewDeviceRef("Average Downstairs Temperature"))
                                      dv.Address(hs) = DAddS & "-AverageDownstairs"
                              End Select

dv.Location(hs) = DAddS
                              dv.Last_Change(hs) = Now
                              dv.Device_Type_String(hs) = DAddS & " Device"
                              dv.Interface(hs) = DAddS

hs.DeviceVGP_ClearAll(dv.Ref(hs), True)
                              hs.DeviceVSP_ClearAll(dv.Ref(hs), True)

If i = 0 Then 'on the base device do this, set up the relationships between the devices
                                  root_dv = dv
                                  dv.Relationship(hs) = Enums.eRelationship.Parent_Root
                              Else
                                  If root_dv IsNot Nothing Then root_dv.AssociatedDevice_Add(hs, dv.Ref(hs))
                                  dv.Relationship(hs) = Enums.eRelationship.Child
                                  dv.AssociatedDevice_Add(hs, BaseRef)
                              End If

'VSPairs? I think only the unread emails will need a VSPair

Select Case i
                                  Case 0
                                      hs.setdevicestring(dv.Ref(hs), "Root Device", True)
                                  Case 1, 2
                                      Dim Pair As VSPair

Pair = New VSPair(HomeSeerAPI.ePairStatusControl.Status)
                                      Pair.PairType = VSVGPairType.Range
                                      Pair.RangeStart = 0
                                      Pair.RangeEnd = 30
                                      Pair.RangeStatusSuffix = " C"
                                      pair.RangeStatusDecimals = 1

hs.DeviceVSP_AddPair(dv.Ref(hs), Pair)
                                      hs.setdevicevaluebyref(dv.Ref(hs), 0, True)

End Select
                          Next

Log("End Of Create Devices Routine - Calling Main Again")
                          CreateGVar(Nothing)
                          Main(Nothing)

Catch ex As Exception
                          Log("Create Devices Exception: " & ex.message.tostring)
                      End Try

End Sub
                  Last edited by mrhappy; August 2nd, 2015, 04:54 AM.
                  My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                  X