SQLite best practices ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQLite best practices ?

I'm getting started with SQLite for my plugins. Looking over other threads I believe I know how to setup the DLL files and exe.config etc. I do have a couple questions of the best practices variety.
    • Is there a standard for where I should store my DB file? I've seen some place in the top level HS3 directory. I'm assuming that HS3\Data\MYPLUGIN would make the most sense?
    • Is there a standard extension name for the SQLite DB file that should be used? .db .db3 .hsd .sqlite
    • SQLite DB connections: open once at plugin start and close at shutdown? Or are you open/closing connections during the life of the plugin run as there's data to add or read/use?
    • Has anyone run into any DB file corruption issues and have tips/tricks for avoiding that?
    • Any Linux tips? I recently started testing one of my plugins under Linux HS3 and so far so good. When using SQLite, any tips on maintaining platform compatibility for both windows/linux ?

Thanks!
    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/
Working...
X