compiling errors with arduino.app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compiling errors with arduino.app

I tried to upload HomeseerBoard1.ino I have a Mac and used 1.6.5r3 too bad i got compiling errors:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board:"Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

/Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp: In member function 'void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)':
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:65:39: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setIPAddress(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setIPAddress(local_ip._address);
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:65:39: note: candidate is:
    In file included from /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:1:0:
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:392:6: note: void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:392:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:66:38: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setGatewayIp(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setGatewayIp(gateway._address);
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:66:38: note: candidate is:
    In file included from /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:1:0:
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:368:6: note: void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:368:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:67:38: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setSubnetMask(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setSubnetMask(subnet._address);
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/Ethernet.cpp:67:38: note: candidate is:
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:376:6: note: void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet/utility/w5100.h:376:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
    Used: /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet
    Not used: /Users/bobwalberg/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet
    Multiple libraries were found for "Servo.h"
    Used: /Users/bobwalberg/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Servo
    Not used: /Users/bobwalberg/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Servo
    Fout bij compileren.

I also tried this with an older version but also errors, some others, also tried it with 1.6.5.r2 windows on my netbook with Homeseer with different versions but always compiling errors.

I have Ip adres homeseer: 192.168.0.10:500 wrote it 192.168.0.10,500 ... Error but even when i do 192.168.0.10 ive got errors.
    What could be the reason? and where do the libraries stay? users/documents?

Hi walberg.

A couple of questions.

Are you using HS2 or HS3.

If you are on HS3 what version of the plugin are you using and if so can you post in the sub forum Here

Have you looked at the user manual and followed the steps on there with regards to installing the libraries. You need to download them from the plugin config page and then install them in the libraries folder of the arduino software.

If you need more help have a look at the Arduino sub forum and post there and I am sure we can help you out with it.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I use Homeseer 3. After i was going back to an very old version 1.06 Mac i could compile without errors. Now it works.

Comment

Originally posted by walberg View Post
        I use Homeseer 3. After i was going back to an very old version 1.06 Mac i could compile without errors. Now it works.
        I guess you figured out that the libraries are in a directory under the Arduino IDE program install.

Just to clarify, when Greig asked above: "what version of the plugin are you using", that is important because 1.0.0.36 (the current release version) will only compile under the older Arduino IDE, we were using 1.0.5-r2. If you are running 1.0.0.85 (the current beta version) it is designed to compile under the Arduino IDE 1.6.4. The libraries needed are also different under the two versions. This thread sort of goes through it.

If you do move to the beta version of the Arduino plug-in, you will need to use the Arduino IDE 1.6.4, along with the new libraries to compile and upload new sketches. It has all changed.

The other thing Greig was posting above is that the discussions of the HS3 plugin should be in this forum.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I guess you figured out that the libraries are in a directory under the Arduino IDE program install.

Just to clarify, when Greig asked above: "what version of the plugin are you using", that is important because 1.0.0.36 (the current release version) will only compile under the older Arduino IDE, we were using 1.0.5-r2. If you are running 1.0.0.85 (the current beta version) it is designed to compile under the Arduino IDE 1.6.4. The libraries needed are also different under the two versions. This thread sort of goes through it.

If you do move to the beta version of the Arduino plug-in, you will need to use the Arduino IDE 1.6.4, along with the new libraries to compile and upload new sketches. It has all changed.

The other thing Greig was posting above is that the discussions of the HS3 plugin should be in this forum.
          Yep what he said. It is just that Randy is much better with words and has more time than me.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Working...
          X