X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try again with version 3.0.0.1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Could someone that is using the Monoprice and this plugin be willing to discuss sources with me?

I'd prefer to spin up a dedicated thread or just go private message rather than bog down this discussion, but this looks like a great place to reach people actively using it.

advTHANKSance!

Comment

3.0.0.3 is at the beginning of this thread. If you are following along delete all devices and let the plugin rebuild them to fix source naming problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          Could someone that is using the Monoprice and this plugin be willing to discuss sources with me?

I'd prefer to spin up a dedicated thread or just go private message rather than bog down this discussion, but this looks like a great place to reach people actively using it.

advTHANKSance!
          Sources aren't unique when it comes to Monoprice amp. Any standard audio source can be used. My source 1 is a Raspberry Pi running Kodi with spuds Kodi plugin. My source 2 is a Bluetooth receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post

Sources aren't unique when it comes to Monoprice amp. Any standard audio source can be used. My source 1 is a Raspberry Pi running Kodi with spuds Kodi plugin. My source 2 is a Bluetooth receiver.
            I set up a new thread HERE to keep things here on topic.

Comment

3.0.0.10 is up. Delete any devices associated with Marquis_monoprice_amp before enabling the plugin.

Comment

Thanks for returning to this, happnatious1!

Everything I have tried so far works great! The only exceptions I could find were as follows (which are very minor):
                • Master power only works with first amp (doesn’t turn on/off 2nd and 3rd amps)
                • In the HS device management page, the Monoprice source switches properly when selected to a new source, but whenever the screen refreshes 1) the zone 1 source status label and 2) the zone 1 source control column field, change to another source (more specifically, to the second source listed). HOWEVER, these changes are to the label/displayed control only (i.e., the music continued throughout this, without changing the source), and this issue only appears to affect zone 1 from what I could see.
                Thanks again!

Dave

Comment

One more item:

- I have 3 monoprice amps. The sources for the first and third monoprice amps are all properly represented, appearing on the device management page as I have input them in the plugin configuration. However, the sources for the second monoprice amp simply show their generic titles on the device management page (e.g., Source 1, Source 2, etc.), and I can't switch to them.

Thanks,
                  Dave

Comment

Been away from the plugin for a couple weeks again. 3.0.0.14 is uploaded. I changed some timing values in rs232 section.
                    I see the problem with the master power on/off for the 2nd and 3rd amps but it's going to take some thought on how to fix it. It's related to other things.
                    In order for the amp to accept a source change from the plugin the zone has to be on, that is a function of the amp design not the plugin. What your seeing is the amp being polled and the source going back to where it was because the amp never actually changed.
                    As far as source labels I cant reproduce. Not sure what the first version of the Marquis_monoprice_amp plugin was that you installed. but changes were made on a previous version that required all devices to be re-built. My suggestion would be to disable the plugin and delete every device associated with the Marquis_monoprice_amp plugin, then re-enable. This will rebuild all devices and associate them properly with the plugin.

Comment

Hi, happnatious1. I've spent a couple of weeks testing the updated version of the plugin that you posted, following closely the recommendations you made in your June 30 post (e.g., disabling the plugin, deleting all the monoprice devices, etc.). Initially it worked really well. I went through and tried powering on/off each of the 18 zones, and the plugin did so without fault. I also tried switching the inputs, and--at least initially--it did so with no problems. The issue I noted previously concerning the 2nd amp (i.e., no source labels, etc) also is addressed.

The trouble started occurring perhaps a few days after install. I started to notice that it would require several presses on the device management page for a zone to turn on, or to change a source. The problem appeared to get worse and worse (i.e., requiring more and more button presses before an action would occur). I have copied some log entries below, so you can see some of the entries in the log.

I tried deleting and reinstalling per your post, and it helped perhaps a little whenever I did so, but eventually the system would become generally unresponsive, requiring many many button presses before an action would occur. I also tried a different USB to RS232 cable, but still no change. Could this issue perhaps be occurring due to the RS232 timing changes you mentioned?

Regarding the master power on/off issue I mentioned, note that I shared that issue for the sake of completeness (it is not a major issue; it would be relatively trivial for any user of the plugin to simply make a quick event that powered on/off or muted all zones).

Thanks,
                      Dave

Jul-10 10:34:56 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Marquis Monoprice
                      Amp started successfully in 771 milliseconds
                      Jul-10 10:34:55 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp Checking for devices
                      owned by Marquis Monoprice Amp
                      Jul-10 10:34:55 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp 0 triggers were loaded
                      from HomeSeer.
                      Jul-10 10:34:55 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp InitIO called, plug-in
                      is being initialized...
                      Jul-10 10:34:55 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin
                      Marquis Monoprice Amp ...
                      Jul-10 10:34:55 PM Starting Plug-In Marquis Monoprice Amp
                      loaded in 15002 milliseconds
                      Jul-10 10:34:40 PM Info Plugin Marquis Monoprice Amp has
                      connected. IP:x.x.x.x:x
                      Jul-10 10:34:40 PM Warning I/O interface Marquis Monoprice Amp is
                      down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                      Jul-10 10:34:10 PM Warning Plugin Marquis Monoprice Amp is not
                      responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                      Jul-10 10:34:10 PM Info Plugin Marquis Monoprice Amp with
                      instance: has disconnected
                      Jul-10 10:34:05 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp ControlAmp did not work
                      Jul-10 10:33:57 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp ControlAmp did not work
                      Jul-10 10:33:48 PM Marquis Monoprice Amp ControlAmp did not work

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it when I get a chance. As a test set the polling to 0/disabled and see if it remains more responsive.

My Homeseer hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild from a backup. Now I have a terrible memory leak and have to reboot Homeseer daily. I've tried running with most plugins disabled, including Marquis Monoprice Amp and the problem remains.

Comment

Thanks, happnatious1. I could only give it a few minutes of testing this evening but preliminary results look positive.

With regard to your memory leak, have you tried updating to a more recent version of HomeSeer? I seem to recall that a number of users were reporting memory leak issues with an HS build that was deployed 5 or 6 months back.

Dave

Comment

Where can i find the download for this?? Cant find a link anywhere, and it doesnt show up in the plugin list.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dubya301 View Post
                              Where can i find the download for this?? Cant find a link anywhere, and it doesnt show up in the plugin list.

Thanks!
                              Bottom of the first post in this thread.

Comment

I have been enjoying this plugin for a few weeks now and would first like to say thanks happnatious1!

I downloaded the newest file from the first post but my version still says 1.1.0.0. Am I missing the newest version...I see others with 1.3.0.0?

How is everyone integrating with Alexa? I have on/off functionality for all zones. IE, "Alexa turn off kitchen speakers"...that works great.
                                Also works with Alexa groups, "Alexa turn off/on kitchen" and all lights and speakers will respond.
                                What Im working on is volume control. I'd ultimately like , "Alexa turn up/down kitchen speakers".
                                I've created an event and that works, but the problem is it has to be specific to volume. "Alexa turn on speakers 15", which sets the volume to 15.
                                So 2 problems with this, I'd need 38 events for every volume control (times 6 for all zones, ugh). And I also cant call the event "Kitchen Speakers 15", because then she cries, "there is more then 1 device with the name"

Whats everyone else doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X