No announcement yet.

Beta Plugin BBMessenger (XMPP Services)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bruce it seems my BBM plug-in will not connect to the XMPP server anymore. I heard about a change with Google.

Has this affected your PI moving forward or could this be my problem?

Will

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
      Hello Bruce it seems my BBM plug-in will not connect to the XMPP server anymore. I heard about a change with Google.

Has this affected your PI moving forward or could this be my problem?

Will
      I am using Google's with my setup and it is working. I read that Google was retiring gtalk and the retirement dates past and my system still works. I googled to try and find a date for the Google xmpp retirement and was not able to find an answer. In the logs does it say that it can't reach the server or authorization failed?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

been getting this log over and over for over a day now and I haven't made any changes to my account. I will try another one of my google accounts today and see if its my problem. Thanks for the speedy response!

06/29/18 07:54:59 Disconnected from server.Details: Server:gmail.com Port:5223 User:tezxxz NetworkHost:talk.google.com. Retrying to connect in 30 seconds.
        06/29/18 07:54:59 Login was not successful
        06/29/18 07:54:58 Trying to reconnect to XMPP server because auto reconnect is enabled.
        06/29/18 07:54:29 Disconnected from server.Details: Server:gmail.com Port:5223 User:tezxxz NetworkHost:talk.google.com. Retrying to connect in 30 seconds.
        06/29/18 07:54:29 Login was not successful
        06/29/18 07:54:28 Trying to reconnect to XMPP server because auto reconnect is enabled.
        06/29/18 07:53:59 Disconnected from server.Details: Server:gmail.com Port:5223 User:tezxxz NetworkHost:talk.google.com. Retrying to connect in 30 seconds.
        06/29/18 07:53:59 Login was not successful

Comment

all set Bruce. It was all me. This account I added two-step auth the day before yesterday. It didn't dawn on me until you said everything was fine.

I am good, thanks for the great support!

Comment

Working...
          X