Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSON status with "Address" possible?

Hi

I am looking at pulling some details from HS3 with the JSON system, it appears i can use a "ref" which i have no idea what this is from the web console, the console does have "address" and "code" which i would prefer to use (as this is settable by the user). However i cant see how to pull this with the JSON system.

What command can i use to access a device with an "address" or better a "code" such as "Y2"

Originally posted by SFX Group View Post
    Hi

I am looking at pulling some details from HS3 with the JSON system, it appears i can use a "ref" which i have no idea what this is from the web console, the console does have "address" and "code" which i would prefer to use (as this is settable by the user). However i cant see how to pull this with the JSON system.

What command can i use to access a device with an "address" or better a "code" such as "Y2"
    The ref is simply the deviceID. It's the only way you can access a device via JSON.

Comment

The reference ID number can be found on the device management tab. Click on the device name, then the advanced tab. It's a pain to do this for all your devices. I think there is a script somewhere on the board the will create a list of the ref IDs for all your devices.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        The reference ID number can be found on the device management tab. Click on the device name, then the advanced tab. It's a pain to do this for all your devices. I think there is a script somewhere on the board the will create a list of the ref IDs for all your devices.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        You don't actually have to click the device name link. If you hover over it you can see the device id buried in the URL that shows in the status bar. Not ideal but a few clicks shorter
        cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
        X