Windows HID class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows HID class

I'm trying to capture data from a specific HID 'Keyboard' and from many hours of searching for information I believe that the best way is to use Windows HID class but I'm having problems getting started with it and I cannot seem to find any easy VB.NET examples to try and understand.

Has anyone used the HID class and maybe have some examples I could take a look at?

Thanks
    Simon

It is a nightmare as I tried this with my weather station when I wanted to talk to it directly. It is quite brutal because a HID device can be literally anything, there is a .net (or may have been vb6) third party library that I used and I could get a joystick working to read data from it but I gave up after that. You'll need an app/plugin though you probably won't be able to do it from a script because you need to constantly wait for the data.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I've found a template that can be imported into VB but I cannot seem to see it as a available template when I go into Visual Studio Community 2015 and Click Open Project. I've saved it as instructed in \Documents\Visual Studio Community 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates. I've also tried putting it in the Visual Basic Folder.

Anyone know how I can import this template from the link below?

USB HID Template for Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
        I've found a template that can be imported into VB but I cannot seem to see it as a available template when I go into Visual Studio Community 2015 and Click Open Project. I've saved it as instructed in \Documents\Visual Studio Community 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates. I've also tried putting it in the Visual Basic Folder.

Anyone know how I can import this template from the link below?

USB HID Template for Visual Basic 2005/2008/2010
        Forget the above, I've given up on that idea ordered a scanner that can actually show itself as a Virtual COM port. Should make things a lot easier!

Comment

Forget the above, I've given up on that idea ordered a scanner that can actually show itself as a Virtual COM port. Should make things a lot easier!
          That's what I am thinking of doing the VCP should be much easier...

Comment

I had the barcode scanner from the link below delivered today and after scanning a couple of barcodes in the manual now works as Virtual Com Port and no issues so far. Not the cheapest but the cheapest didn't meet up to the description advertised.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o04_s00

Comment

I had the barcode scanner from the link below delivered today and after scanning a couple of barcodes in the manual now works as Virtual Com Port and no issues so far. Not the cheapest but the cheapest didn't meet up to the description advertised.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o04_s00

So when can we expect a plugin?
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                So when can we expect a plugin?
                I've created a script so far that monitors the COM port and when data received it search's a local database for the item if the item is in the local database it adds it to the shopping list, if the item is already in the shopping list in increments the quantity. If the item isn't in the local database it goes of to a free website(although it doesn't have all products) and tries to find the item, if it is found it adds the item to the local database and the shopping list. If not found it just adds the barcode to the shopping list for us to deal with.
                Not done anything with the shopping list yet!

Comment

Working...
                X