Set value from ASCII/JSON to a virtual device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set value from ASCII/JSON to a virtual device

I have created a software algoritme that calculate a value. I want to display/transfer this value to HS3.
    So I have created a (virtual) device in HS3 (status only device) and then use the ASCII interface to set the value from my program located on another computer.
    But the value is never set.
    I can control other Z-Wave devices (dim/on/off) with the same interface, so the interface is working. But not on virtual devices. Why?
    Also; how can I set the device value text from the ASCII/JSON interface?

I can't put my hand on the ASCII interface documentation but it's likely to be the same as the JSON interface If you are using controldevicebyvalue then it will not work with value status pairs set to status. You have to change it to control really (although there are other workarounds) for it to work (but then you get the buttons appear).
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

What do you mean with "change it to control"
      Just remove the flag "Status only Device"?
      I have now a device with no flags, but still unable to set any value.

Comment

In the first screen on the devices page yes untick the status only device option. Then click the status graphics tab and see what the individual value pairs are set to, you should have three buttons at the top with control/status/both. Ensure they are set to both or control.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Thanks Mr. Happy.
          It's working fine now.
          I also had to change the range since it can go from -50.00 to +50.00.

Comment

Working...
          X