Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check HS3 fully initialized?

Hi,

I have a few plugins that have actions that fail sometimes when they autostart together with the startup of HS3. For instance, when trying to write to the energy database, or trying to use the hs.speak function:

4/3/2016 22:23:19 ~!~Warning~!~Error in SpeakDevNoProxy: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Should I use a simple startup delay or is there an easy way to check if HS3 is fully initialized? Or can I check if the plugin was started by a (re)start of HS3 so I can implement a conditional delay based on that?

Thanks!
    stefxx

Stef,

Would hs.appstarting be sufficient for you? If true, HS is still starting up?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Stef,

Would hs.appstarting be sufficient for you? If true, HS is still starting up?

Wim
      Thanks. I will try tonight. But I doubt that this is still a valid function in HS3...
      stefxx

Comment

Turns out that this is exactly what I need. Thank you!
        stefxx

Comment

glad it works fine... am still using it myself (already indeed in HS2 I believe)

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
          650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X