Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeseer wifi power socket support

Hi guys

I was wondering what sort of plug-in support HS3 has for those cheap wifi power socket intercepters that eBay and Amazon is awash with. Example here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Min...kAAOSwKtVWzZCo

Does anyone know whether these type of products use a unified protocol? One expects this to be the case if they are all made in China, usually with the same type of copycat chips inside...

If I was a guessing man I would say they probably don't have a unified protocol as some recent similar products had an ESP8266 core which is good in one way as it is potentially re-programmable but on the other hand could have an entirely custom firmware dependent on where the device came from. I've not seen any plugin for these generic devices and whilst they interest me in terms of HS integration I am not sure I would particularly trust these devices in my home on account of the varied (to put it politely) electrical standards some of the Chinese devices appear to have.

I imagine the only way to get one working is to buy it, take it apart and then see what is inside.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Thanks for the reply MrHappy, I am not an electrical man so if I took one apart, I probably won't know what to do with it :-)

I wish HS supported Wemo via a plug-in...

Comment

Originally posted by Jinster View Post
        Thanks for the reply MrHappy, I am not an electrical man so if I took one apart, I probably won't know what to do with it :-)

I wish HS supported Wemo via a plug-in...
        I believe you can have a workaround by IFTTT to the Wemo and I think there have been the odd script posted for it (but I totally understand the reluctance of people to use either option). I don't think it is a complicated protocol but I ain't really sure why someone has not taken it on as a plugin, perhaps there is a good reason.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Originally posted by Jinster View Post
          Hi guys

I was wondering what sort of plug-in support HS3 has for those cheap wifi power socket intercepters that eBay and Amazon is awash with. Example here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Min...kAAOSwKtVWzZCo

Does anyone know whether these type of products use a unified protocol? One expects this to be the case if they are all made in China, usually with the same type of copycat chips inside...
          I have bought a cheap one labelled Orvibo, uses the 'Wiwo' app. I spent 10 minutes taking it apart (the electrical bits are not terrible to be honest and better than I thought) and finding the HF-LPB100 inside - getting excited at the prospect of the logic analyser coming out to play I have discovered I think someone has done the hard work for me https://stikonas.eu/wordpress/2015/0...bo-s20-socket/

I will try and wrap it up into some VB code and post it here if I get it working.
          My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
          X