Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Request - Backup Shots of Zwave

Hi

Would it be possible for someone to create a plugin - which takes the Z-Wave Controller Management, Scene Management (expanding all information) and Z-Wave Node Management (most important to recover node info) then create PDF's or Jpg's of the html information on a weekly or monthly basis.

And if at all possible any plugin pages which are titled "Configuration, Config, HSTouch, Settings, General, NetCam Config"

And create the plugin to specify where these can be saved, including networked paths.

Willing to make a small donation.

Thank you

You can save the Z-Wave node information with my HTML to Image Utility. The others are very problematic as you cannot expand the pages from a direct URL and rely on a user to click specific buttons on the page to expand using JavaScript/JQuery.

I expect many pages could be be done with my Homeseer PC Screen Capture Utility which has mouse control but fiddly to setup.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon; I will give this a shot this week.
      I think the important one for me is the Z-Wave Node Information.
      I am glad homeseer set it out like that.

Does it allow scheduling?

I have kind of have been saving your plugin's till last as I was blown away by how impressive they were, and just wanted to setup my other ones first.
      Last edited by smokeycoles; July 4th, 2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Regarding scheduling, you run it from a Homeseer Event so yes!
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

That's great, next dumb question.

I think I took a look once before about event scheduling is it possibly to do an event weekly or maybe a specific day on each month. Say the 1st or mid month?

And how it is done from event editor?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
            Hi Jon

That's great, next dumb question.

I think I took a look once before about event scheduling is it possibly to do an event weekly or maybe a specific day on each month. Say the 1st or mid month?

And how it is done from event editor?
            You use the time of day as a trigger. then use "The Date or Day is..." as a condition. You can pick days of the week, days of the month, wild card dates, even days, odd days, etc. This thread covers the condition.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Randy great thank you, I really appreciate the hard work in your tutorial.
              I will practice using it tonight, I did not realise there was an event clinic,
              will also take a look at others later.
              What a great idea.
              I wonder if you pioneers have ever thought about putting together vital posts to read in a sort of training package. ��
              Last edited by smokeycoles; July 4th, 2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jon; I will give this a shot this week.
                I think the important one for me is the Z-Wave Node Information.
                I am glad homeseer set it out like that.
                If you don't understand how to configure this, ask your question on the HTML to Image utility thread and I will assist.

I have kind of have been saving your plugin's till last as I was blown away by how impressive they were, and just wanted to setup my other ones first.
                My forte is writing utilities for Homeseer. Take a look here first before asking for plugins to be written as I may already have a solution!
                Jon

Comment

I wanted to Bump this up again.
                  Although I like your plugin Jon - I found it wasn't really what I hoped for.
                  So I would like to request again, if any developer would like a little project.

A simple script that can download the Z-wave node configuration in HTML or PDF and/or zip it.

Possibly which can be attached to an event to do this once a week - so that if Z-wave ever needed to be reploaded to a new controller. All the node data is available.

Comment

A simple script that can download the Z-wave node configuration in HTML or PDF and/or zip it.

Possibly which can be attached to an event to do this once a week - so that if Z-wave ever needed to be reploaded to a new controller. All the node data is available.
                    http://wkhtmltopdf.org/ will do it, install it and then call it (which you could do from a recurring event) with;

wkhtmltopdf http://192.168.1.4/ZWaveWho zwavenode.pdf

(replacing your IP as appropriate) and you will get an output I think you are after - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing
                    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Hi

Would it be possible for someone to create a plugin - which takes the Z-Wave Controller Management, Scene Management (expanding all information) and Z-Wave Node Management (most important to recover node info) then create PDF's or Jpg's of the html information on a weekly or monthly basis.

And if at all possible any plugin pages which are titled "Configuration, Config, HSTouch, Settings, General, NetCam Config"

And create the plugin to specify where these can be saved, including networked paths.

Willing to make a small donation.

Thank you

Chris,

That is a little unfair. In your original post you stated PDF or JPG saved to a folder of your choice. The solution I posted for the node information does exactly that (save to JPG or PNG). You can also run it weekly/monthly from an event. The attached screenshot is a small extract from the overall image file.

The settings I used were:

[Capture1]
                      URL=http://<homeseer IP address>/ZWaveWho
                      DeviceBGColor=
                      ImagePath=nodes.png
                      crop=
                      WBWidth=1020
                      WBHeight=
                      Delay=

I very much doubt you will get a response to this request as the only Z-wave information available (to my knowledge) is via the HS web pages.
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

Sorry Jon

I wasn't trying to offend. I love your plugins, see how many of them I run!

Maybe I have miss understood how you have gone about that; as that looks like the result I wanted but I was trying to program mouse movements and clicks etc.... to save PDFs.

I'm happy to try again.

Comment

The exact title of the download is:

Jon00 HTML to Image Utility for Homeseer 3

You do not want:

Jon00 Homeseer PC Screen Capture to Image Utility for Homeseer 3
                          Jon

Comment

Boy do I feel daft, no wonder I was struggling.

Comment

Working...
                            X