Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Douglas Powerview Integration/PlugIn

Home Seer Family-

I am looking to see if someone would be willing to create a plugin for the Hunter Douglas Powerview motorized blind portfolio. This is becoming a common deployment model for folks who are looking to go entry level with motorized (battery operated) blind and shutter options. Currently, there are drivers for Savant, URC, Nest, Control4, etc. It would be great, and I would be more than willing to pay for a plugin solution on this. I am currently finishing up a full custom home build of mine and using HomeSeer to its full potential to fully automate my entire home.

Please Homeseer developers, can you assist in helping a fellow enthusiast reach his goal. I also see where we could find a way to get this publicized for Homeseer on the Hunter Douglas website.

I likewise have Powerview shades. Had I not needed their top-down features I would not have gotten them (and gone with Lutron instead). They're unreliable, at best. Nice when they work but maddeningly difficult to troubleshoot when they don't.

Comment

I mean to be honest looking at the serial API (http://cdn.hunterdouglas.com/static/...82016_rev2.pdf) it appears reasonably easy (I won't say trivial but it is not complex at all) to get talking to HS (just having a poke around the site I don't know if there is a TCP connection available?). You could try with the Serial/TCP plugin by DRule. Whilst I've written plugins for stuff like this before without the hardware they are a pain to do and as such you will often find you need to find a developer who both is interested and has the hardware for complete testing which is sometimes why you will struggle to get the integration you need.
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
      Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

One big problem you run into is the need to place that hub where it can actually communicate with the shades. This is not as trivial as you might first guess. Their protocol for speaking to the shades is wildly unreliable. Such that it was basically impossible to make the system work without moving the hub itself to a particular part of the house. Putting it in the same area as other automation & networking gear just would not work AT ALL.

Oh, I tried, a great many variations of hub positioning and use of their repeater dongles.

Thus using the serial port won't work, at least not without a whole other layer of hassles trying to get from the automation controller up to the HD hub.

Whereas the hub itself HAS an http interface into it. HD just hasn't documented it.

Comment

HunterDouglas Powerview

We have just installed a pair of HD motorized shades. The hand remote seems quite reliable but I have not yet hooked up the PowerView Hub and repeater dongle. I hope to do that next week. FWIW, it has both a serial port and an Ethernet port and the book says it can communicate serial or IP. It is setup using Android or IPhone and I have a Windows phone. Hope to get an unused Android that I can use to get it setup. Will post back when I get that done.

Comment

FYI, someone over at Universal Devices' forum did some digging:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/t...trol-with-isy/

Apparently it's possible to make an http query against the powerview hub allowing for both control of the devices and extracting the current setup. Could be an interesting basis on which to build a plug-in for HS3.

Comment

Hunter Douglas and IFTTT

Don't need a plug-in. You can use IFTTT to interface HomeSeer to Hunter Douglas Powerview window treatments.

Comment

Got Hunter Douglas PowerView Hub working in C#/JSON, but not as HS3 Plug-in

So, I'm able to control HD PowerView Hub to run shades up/down, stopping at particular points, and rotating the vanes, as well as calling scenes via a C# program with classes reverse engineered from the JSON, but now the problem is figuring out the HS3 plug-in templates. Sure seems to be a lot harder than it has to be. I've seen videos of controlling them from IFTTT, but the latency doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
                  Home Seer Family-

I am looking to see if someone would be willing to create a plugin for the Hunter Douglas Powerview motorized blind portfolio. This is becoming a common deployment model for folks who are looking to go entry level with motorized (battery operated) blind and shutter options. Currently, there are drivers for Savant, URC, Nest, Control4, etc. It would be great, and I would be more than willing to pay for a plugin solution on this. I am currently finishing up a full custom home build of mine and using HomeSeer to its full potential to fully automate my entire home.

Please Homeseer developers, can you assist in helping a fellow enthusiast reach his goal. I also see where we could find a way to get this publicized for Homeseer on the Hunter Douglas website.

Would sure love to see a pluggin!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                    Would sure love to see a pluggin!!
                    I could use this for my HD Platinum Controller. I had it working in HS2 before I abandoned HS2 earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
                      I could use this for my HD Platinum Controller. I had it working in HS2 before I abandoned HS2 earlier this year.
                      I got my Hunter Douglas Platinum Controller controller working with HS3. I think I recall that the Poweriew controller may be the same or similar to the HD Platinum Gateway.

At anyrate, I got it to work using Drule's IP Plugin to send IP strings. It was very simple and I am sure how I had set it up in HS2 years ago. This is worth a shot for your controller.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169754

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...17#post1132517
                      Last edited by Club Chapin; June 18th, 2017, 01:57 AM.

Comment

It looks like my older HD Platinum Gateway does not use the same strings as the Powerview Hub. However, a google search came up with these, that might work with the drule IP plug in above, at least set you on the path to find the IP strings to send to your controller.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...1315#msg271315

http://forum.universal-devices.com/t...trol-with-isy/

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
                          I think I recall that the Poweriew controller may be the same or similar to the HD Platinum Gateway.
                          I heard that Powerview and Platinum were incompatible. Whether it is or isn't, anything that can send JSON to the Powerview Hub will be able to control the blinds. I'm trying to do a command line utility that accepts name value pairs as parameters that match the names and scenes set up on the hub, and assembles a JSON command from that so its a little more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                            So, I'm able to control HD PowerView Hub to run shades up/down, stopping at particular points, and rotating the vanes, as well as calling scenes via a C# program with classes reverse engineered from the JSON, but now the problem is figuring out the HS3 plug-in templates. Sure seems to be a lot harder than it has to be. I've seen videos of controlling them from IFTTT, but the latency doesn't work for me.
                            I am trying to do the same thing with vb.net. I can control the scenes, but they dont always work and shades get stuck and dont respond until I use the manual remote to reset their position.

I was thinking it would be better to control the shades individually, but I havent figured out how to get this to work. Could you share your C# script and maybe I can adjust for vb.net

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                              I heard that Powerview and Platinum were incompatible. Whether it is or isn't, anything that can send JSON to the Powerview Hub will be able to control the blinds. I'm trying to do a command line utility that accepts name value pairs as parameters that match the names and scenes set up on the hub, and assembles a JSON command from that so its a little more user friendly.
                              That's correct, I was wrong. They are different.

Comment

Working...
                              X