ASPX page won't load on Linux??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPX page won't load on Linux??

I'm working on a new plugin that I've gotten to work under Windows. I'm using straight up aspx with html5 and JavaScript rather than using the page builder classes in the HS3 API. There is no ASP.Net code behind.

On my development box running Windows everything works great. I install the plugin, and put its Default.aspx and related files in html\BeakerGEM. When I call http://localhost/BeakerGEM/Default.aspx it looks fine.

However, when I install this on my production Linux server, with the files in the same locations I get a 404 on Default.aspx. I can't see any case mismatches, permissions problems, etc. The HS debug log doesn't show anything special. Just a 404 calling the aspx page. I can load other files in the same directory (css files, etc).

Any ideas what might be causing the problem? Are we not able to serve up standard aspx pages under Linux/Mono?

EDIT: There is a *little* code-behind. I'm calling hs.GetPageHeaderRaw and hs.GetPageFooter but that's it.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

I don't know how to help but I am able to serve .aspx from HomeSeer on Lubuntu 14.04 with mono 4.4.1. I don't recall doing anything special to make it work. You have checked that there is not another server boinking it on that port? That is the official term for two servers on the same port. As far as I know.

Comment

Also try serving Test.aspx which is provided by Homeseer in your html directory.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Jon. The test page won't load either, throwing a compilation error. Maybe an unresolved dependency? I'm not sure how to figure out what's missing since I don't see any error detail in the logs (even after enabling HS debugging).

Code:
        System.Web.Compilation.CompilationException
        : Unhandled Exception:

Description: Error compiling a resource required to service this request. Review your source file and modify it to fix this error.
        Details: : Unhandled Exception:
        Error origin: Compiler
        Error source file: /test.aspx
        Exception stack trace:
          at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
          at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.BuildAssembly (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
          at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GenerateAssembly (System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder abuilder, System.Web.Compilation.BuildProviderGroup group, System.Web.VirtualPath vp, Boolean debug) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
          at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BuildInner (System.Web.VirtualPath vp, Boolean debug) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
        Version Information: 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.17020
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I just tried fetching /test.aspx on my Zee S2 and got the same failure. Wondering if this is the same bug I'm running into: http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2053

Comment

Test.aspx works here on ubuntu 14.04
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              Test.aspx works here on ubuntu 14.04
              I've tried here on 16.04, 15.10, and on the Zee S2 (unmodified) with the same result. What mono version are you running? I'm on 4.2.1 and 3.2.8. On ubuntu I installed the mono-complete package.

Comment

I'm on 3.2.8.
                Jon

Comment

I took a look at the mono packages and it reminded me of one thing I had to do a bit out of the ordinary. Get the Mono Keystore stocked with certificates.

If I remember correctly, something along these lines got it done.

> sudo dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates-mono

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
                    I took a look at the mono packages and it reminded me of one thing I had to do a bit out of the ordinary. Get the Mono Keystore stocked with certificates.

If I remember correctly, something along these lines got it done.

> sudo dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates-mono
                    No luck. Already had the certs (but ran the command again anyway). I have also completely removed mono and reinstalled the latest 4.4.1.

Comment

That sux. I hate running mono-complete. It's hundreds of Megs of software that the devs themselves don't seem to trust much. They managed to put out a lot of text while racing through those releases. It's full of mono devs saying don't use mono for this or that, it's not secure. It's doubly frustrating when you bite that bullet and it doesn't solve the issue.

I hate to say it but I have one Desktop running 15.10 and another on 16.04. Neither of them is as stable today as 14.04 was on the day it was released. I won't upgrade my HomeSeer host yet for that reason.

Comment

Well, I think I might be getting a little closer. Installed a new 16.04 machine with a copy of Homeseer from my main server and got the same error. Next I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of HomeSeer. test.aspx works on a clean HomeSeer install. Now to figure out what could have hosed ASP.Net on my primary machine... I really don't want to do a scratch install.

Comment

My 16.04 Desktop locks up at least once a day. Total keyboard lockout so there is no ctrl-alt-f1 or ctrl-alt-del escape. Of course that is my one case with a broken reset button that will be a headache to replace. I attached a couple small wires with one of those little motherboard connectors on the end to the reset pins on the motherboard and I taped the other end down outside the case with a tiny bit of bare wire exposed on each. I short them out with a screwdriver to restart it. I think it's better than holding down the power button but one may experience some file corruption over time with repetitive applications of such an elegant technique.

The Linux USB drivers aren't ready for the USB 3.0 connections all the motherboards have now.

Comment

Did you check the basics like case? I've found HS3 on Linux to be very case sensitive (is that a thing?)
                            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                              Did you check the basics like case? I've found HS3 on Linux to be very case sensitive (is that a thing?)

Unix and all derivatives thereof are case sensitive for file and directory names.

e.g. /bin and /Bin are different directories.

Depending on which plugins you install you may find duplicate directories like the above as HS weren't entirely disciplined in sticking with all lower case or always capitalising the first letter and some of the third party plugin authors perpetuated the same thing.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                              X