DeviceValue vs DeviceString

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeviceValue vs DeviceString

I have a plugin successfully setting device values. A user wants to associate these values with custom strings (1 = Up, 2 = Down, etc). When the device value changes, I can see the following in the device's "Advanced" tab:

Status 1 = Unknown
    Value 1 = "Up"
    String 1

Why is the string not being updated? Do I have to implement a string update myself via hs.setdevicestring in the plugin or should HS3 be doing this automagically?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Providing your value/status pairs are setup correctly you shouldn't have to do anything as when you set the device value it should display whatever you have set in the .status field for that value/status pair.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

That's what I thought too but does not seem to be the case for me. More testing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I'd clear the device string though if you have been trying to change it using any of those commands, I think that might supress any value/status pairs display.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Yup. That was it. Cleared the string back to "" and the automatic setting based on the value pairs kicked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X