• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Beta 3.0.0.311 Discussions

HS3 Beta 3.0.0.311 is available.

Release notes and download info is here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Thanks! And especially thanks for the changelog at the same time...

Comment

I have a weird thing happening now: in events, try to open things and sometimes get "Loading..." and it just stays there. Restart HS3 and it works again. Then it doesn't again. Never had this before.

Also, HST Designer is hanging and disconnecting.

How to roll back to .299? Just the exe?

Comment

Installed the beta from .298 to .311 with no apparent issues. I noticed playing around with the link option that I cannot link the control of the Nest thermostats, only certain aspects of the stats show as linkable (status, fan control). Not a big deal but got me thinking I could tie zone controls together under certain circumstances. Thanks Rich and team for continuing to add features while squashing bugs... Cheers, Matt

Comment

The linking will only link commands that are the same on both devices, it will not do any translating between different devices. So if an ON command was received for one device, that same command (value), will be sent to the linked device. Maybe adding the ability to translate one command to another could be a nice addition.

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
          Installed the beta from .298 to .311 with no apparent issues. I noticed playing around with the link option that I cannot link the control of the Nest thermostats, only certain aspects of the stats show as linkable (status, fan control). Not a big deal but got me thinking I could tie zone controls together under certain circumstances. Thanks Rich and team for continuing to add features while squashing bugs... Cheers, Matt

Comment

Thanks Rich. My thought on the Nest thermostats was to be able to link two or more thermostats together so that under some condition if I adjusted the temperature on one, the linked devices would follow. From your comment, it sounds like this should be possible since they are the same device type with the same exposed control\value options. While it appears that I can link some of the control\values (ex. fan on/off) between thermostats, the temperature value is not one of the items, which I'm guessing may be related to the plugin required to see the Nest devices in the first place? Cheers, Matt

Comment

In theory, that should work. Make sure the device in HS is updating when you manually change the thermostat. If so, that should send a set value command to the other thermostat. I tried it here with 2 Z-Wave thermostats and it worked. The nest plugin has controls to raise and lower the temp, but not a control to set a specific temp, so that could be the issue.

Thanks Rich. My thought on the Nest thermostats was to be able to link two or more thermostats together so that under some condition if I adjusted the temperature on one, the linked devices would follow. From your comment, it sounds like this should be possible since they are the same device type with the same exposed control\value options. While it appears that I can link some of the control\values (ex. fan on/off) between thermostats, the temperature value is not one of the items, which I'm guessing may be related to the plugin required to see the Nest devices in the first place? Cheers, Matt

Comment

Got it. Looks like I'd have to target the low temp setting and link to the low temp setting of another device, then repeat that for the high temp setting. I'll see if they can track based on an actual manual reset in that case. Now that you've added device linking as a feature, I'm wondering once we get to the final RC version, if we can link more than one device? Or just stick to a virtual device as the linked target and let it control the other items in parallel? Cheers, Matt

Comment

A release is going out today, so there will not be any changes. But I will let the feature simmer for a bit and see how its used, then decide about any changes.

Got it. Looks like I'd have to target the low temp setting and link to the low temp setting of another device, then repeat that for the high temp setting. I'll see if they can track based on an actual manual reset in that case. Now that you've added device linking as a feature, I'm wondering once we get to the final RC version, if we can link more than one device? Or just stick to a virtual device as the linked target and let it control the other items in parallel? Cheers, Matt

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    A release is going out today, so there will not be any changes. But I will let the feature simmer for a bit and see how its used, then decide about any changes.
                    Nice! The one specific instance I was thinking this would work nicely for was my ZWave lights (5 in a ceiling fan). . .so having one link ("association") won't solve that. . .I'll try it with a virtual device.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                      Nice! The one specific instance I was thinking this would work nicely for was my ZWave lights (5 in a ceiling fan). . .so having one link ("association") won't solve that. . .I'll try it with a virtual device.
                      Tried it last night. I had forgotten that it was an outgoing linkage. . .so tha tif the devices changes, it changes another device. Seems to function fine, but doesn't work for the scenario I was trying to test. . .where all bulbs get changed when virtual device dimmer changes. . .currently, I can only have one device change with the dimmer virtual device instead of the 5 bulbs together.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                        Tried it last night. I had forgotten that it was an outgoing linkage. . .so tha tif the devices changes, it changes another device. Seems to function fine, but doesn't work for the scenario I was trying to test. . .where all bulbs get changed when virtual device dimmer changes. . .currently, I can only have one device change with the dimmer virtual device instead of the 5 bulbs together.
                        For my system this works best with the Easy Trigger plug-in, either using a Virtual or a physical device as the master.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          For my system this works best with the Easy Trigger plug-in, either using a Virtual or a physical device as the master.
                          Yeah, if I end up needing to do this much, I'll probably go there. I have a script in place that does this now for my 5 light bulbs from a virtual device. Unfortunately, they don't all get controlled at once. . .so you see them all change individually. . .seems a little funny.

Comment

Hello-

I set up the 311 beta on my Zee S2 last week and linked a pair of WD100+ dimmers running on 5.16 firmware (specifically the "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel" devices). The other day, we came home and turned on the lights... a few minutes later my son asked me why the lights were blinking on the switch. Apparently these two devices had gotten into a fight with each other. I logged just shy of 4000 events in a 10 minute span. The switches were unresponsive to paddle inputs including tap, double tap, and hold down to dim. I pulled the air gap which shut off the lights for the switch and that also seemed to have calmed down the linked light. As soon as I pushed it back in (less than 5 seconds out) the dance started over again. I went into HS and as soon as I unlinked my first device it stopped. Let me know if any more information would be helpful.

Thanks,
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
                              Hello-

I set up the 311 beta on my Zee S2 last week and linked a pair of WD100+ dimmers running on 5.16 firmware (specifically the "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel" devices). The other day, we came home and turned on the lights... a few minutes later my son asked me why the lights were blinking on the switch. Apparently these two devices had gotten into a fight with each other. I logged just shy of 4000 events in a 10 minute span. The switches were unresponsive to paddle inputs including tap, double tap, and hold down to dim. I pulled the air gap which shut off the lights for the switch and that also seemed to have calmed down the linked light. As soon as I pushed it back in (less than 5 seconds out) the dance started over again. I went into HS and as soon as I unlinked my first device it stopped. Let me know if any more information would be helpful.

Thanks,
                              Jon
                              Did you have one source and one target, or did you link both directions? I could envision a nasty feedback loop if they were both controlling the other.

It worked fine for me with one source pointing to a second target, but I have reverted to Easy Trigger here. Why change something that is working well
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X