HS3 3.0.0.420 Win Log page very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 3.0.0.420 Win Log page very slow

Following issues I had with some plugins, I have been encouraged to migrate to .420. While doing so, I took some time do do cleanup in unused plugin, devices and also cleaned events with the new Jon00ViewEvent tool. I also namually removed files in the HS3 directories left by removed plugins.

While the process is being a bit stedious, I think I will gain with this upgrade but I have an issue with the log page:
    First, when I select Log from the View tab, the log page sometimes takes up to 20 seconds to load and sometimes it is almost immediate. Before the upgrade, this was ALWAYS in a second or so from the command.

I have check the CPU load and memory available and it is about the same as before I upgraded.

Yesterday, right after the upgrade, I was looking at the log file while rebooting and saw the following:

mars-01 17:33:35 Error 20 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
    mars-01 17:33:34 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=
    mars-01 17:32:26 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=
    mars-01 17:32:26 Error 65 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.

No clue as if this have any relation with my current issue or the file was lock just because I tried to open it via the web page .

Should I remove the log file ? would this help in any way ?
    If so can I only remove it and it will build itself back or do I need an empty file ?
    Last edited by goldriver; March 3, 2018, 05:32 AM.

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
    Following issues I had with some plugins, I have been encouraged to migrate to .420. While doing so, I took some time do do cleanup in unused plugin, devices and also cleaned events with the new Jon00ViewEvent tool. I also namually removed files in the HS3 directories left by removed plugins.

While the process is being a bit stedious, I think I will gain with this upgrade but I have an issue with the log page:
    First, when I select Log from the View tab, the log page sometimes takes up to 20 seconds to load and sometimes it is almost immediate. Before the upgrade, this was ALWAYS in a second or so from the command.

I have check the CPU load and memory available and it is about the same as before I upgraded.

Yesterday, right after the upgrade, I was looking at the log file while rebooting and saw the following:

mars-01 17:33:35 Error 20 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
    mars-01 17:33:34 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=
    mars-01 17:32:26 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=
    mars-01 17:32:26 Error 65 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.

No clue as if this have any relation with my current issue or the file was lock just because I tried to open it via the web page .

Should I remove the log file ? would this help in any way ?
    If so can I only remove it and it will build itself back or do I need an empty file ?
    Can you check the size of your log file and the max log file size defined under set up. I have an issue that the HS log does not respect the max log size set.

---
    John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
      Can you check the size of your log file and the max log file size defined under set up. I have an issue that the HS log does not respect the max log size set.

---
      John
      This migh be part of the issue, my log file is 65000Ko and in the setup the Max is set to 50Mo

I tried to deactivate log, reractivate, change the Max size but nothing gets the log file to reset to 50Mo
      Last edited by goldriver; March 2, 2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
        This migh be part of the issue, my log file is 65000Ko and in the setup the Max is set to 50Mo

I tried to deactivate log, reractivate, change the Max size but nothing gets the log file to reset to 50Mo
        Thanks for looking it up. Fine to know that the issue is repeatable.

---
        John

Comment

I'm experiencing the same thing here.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            I'm experiencing the same thing here.
            Please post it also in the thread mentioned below. I know Rich is following this thread and will take action.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...postcount=1219

---
            John

Comment

Done
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

This was fixed for me with 422

Comment

Working...
                X