Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Disabling both PlexMonitor and BLPlex worked. Almost error free. 2 occurrences (3-5 messages) in the last 30 minutes.

It makes sense though, Since they both generated over 500 devices.... the polling was overflowing the queue. I'll shoot a note to Bob (Blade) to see if there's anything that can be done. Perhaps he can have the device updates split. Some device types update in one cycle, and another set update in a second cycle.

The other option is see if HS can up the message queue as others have been seeing the same queue overflow issue. When I see them, they come 3 to 5 in a row, which seems like it's overflowing the 500 message queue by a wide margin. Not sure if a queue of 1,000, 2,000, or even 3,000k is even possible.
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; July 29, 2018, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Yes, they appear in the Homeeser system log. Triggering events and device changes is immediate. The indication is true. HSTouch does not reflect device changes. In the .435 thread there was a mention from RIch (I think) that they were going to add some additional logging info to identify the source.

One thing I did do is briefly turn on the Detailed HS Touch Logging (Setup / General Tab) and looked to see what devices updates were being sent immediately before and after the error.

In nearly instance, they were plex devices. I've dropped the polling from the Plex Plug-ins (BLPlex and Plex Monitor) from 5 seconds to 60 seconds. And the errors have slowed considerably. They still happen, but much less often. I may just have too many Plex Players for the status checks to not flood the queue.

Next step will be to disable both simultaneously and see if the errors cease.
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; July 29, 2018, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
    [LEFT]Upgraded to .460 this am from .420. Now seeing errors approximately every 3-4 Seconds in the log. It appears to have first surfaced in .435 and may be plug-in related.

Did anyone ever track down the offending plug-in? Was the option to log callbacks implemented to find the chatty plug-in?
    James in your comment on the chatty plug-in and the ability to log the origination of the callback messages are you talking about these messages in the HomeSeer log?

Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

If so I agree with you, I am not sure how these messages are helpful unless you know where or what is producing them.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    The file that is linked as .460 beta is in fact .459??
    It was at one point. Nor sure it it's been fixed yet. best to just download directly. https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_460.msi

I've been through the posts here

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge=3&styleid=7

I've tried disabling the plugin mentioned as well as a few others, but haven't found anything yet. And I have no timers or counters defined.

Does anyone know another way to see what's flooding the queue?

It's possible that it's been doing it for a long time as the logging of this error didn't start until .435. I have noticed that my HSTouch Client ( windows 10 i7 Touchscreen PC doesn't always update device status graphics when devices change state...been that way since before .420 ). It responds beautifully when I change devices through the screen, they respond instantly, but they don't always update the graphic.

Homeseer Memory has creeped up a bit.. may have to punt and go back to .420 and give up on HSMobile for the time being.

Modules/Threads: 129 Modules, 490 Threads
    Available Threads: 3200
    System Processes/Load: 355 Processes, 15% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 49.60 GBytes / 63.89 GBytes (78% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 52.01 GBytes / 73.39 GBytes (71% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 316 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used: 72 EXE Plug-Ins using 1 Gbytes
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; July 28, 2018, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    The file that is linked as .460 beta is in fact .459??

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

That's a lot of plugins as well. Well I don't have an answer for the issue, but it's good to see HS3 can handle that many devices and plugins.
    It has up to now...but I might be reaching a tipping point. Hope not though, still have more to do.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

Yup. Afraid so. But there are some "devices" that appear multiple times due to being picked up by multiple plug-ins. And media and weather devices seem to propagate like Catholic rabbits.

I fear my plug-in count of 70 may be a contributing factor. I've tried disabling some that created the most devices, but still haven't found the chatterbox
    That's a lot of plugins as well. Well I don't have an answer for the issue, but it's good to see HS3 can handle that many devices and plugins.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    .460 is Beta as far as I know for use with testing the new Mobile app.

Am I reading that correct? 4868 Devices? Wow!
    Yup. Afraid so. But there are some "devices" that appear multiple times due to being picked up by multiple plug-ins. And media and weather devices seem to propagate like Catholic rabbits.

I fear my plug-in count of 70 may be a contributing factor. I've tried disabling some that created the most devices, but still haven't found the chatterbox

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Randy, you were one of the folks who chimed in on the 435 thread as having see this error, but only when the system was busy (editing events). Did you ever find a resolution? Did it just die down?

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Well I just rolled over my other box with 10K devices... when you hit 10K the Dev DB starts over This is of course on my plugin test box.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied

Not playing "mine is bigger than yours", but if you are grand in your goals, you will have a lot of Devices and Events. While I don't have that many devices, mine is busy as well:

Number of Devices: 2385
    Number of Events: 1521

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Is .460 formally released ?

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    started a topic New Error on .460

New Error on .460

Upgraded to .460 this am from .420. Now seeing errors approximately every 3-4 Seconds in the log. It appears to have first surfaced in .435 and may be plug-in related.

Did anyone ever track down the offending plug-in? Was the option to log callbacks implemented to find the chatty plug-in?

Jul-28 10:30:17 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 2048) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Jul-28 10:30:14 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 64) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
    Usually seeing Type 2048, sometimes Type 64.

4868 Devices
    482 Events,

System and HS Touch Clients seem responsive and the system appears to be otherwise functional. More testing required.

CPU is running around 18 - 25%, same as 420,
    Modules/Threads: 127 Modules, 478 Threads
    Available Threads: 3200
    System Processes/Load: 345 Processes, 8% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 51.09 GBytes / 63.89 GBytes (80% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 54.75 GBytes / 73.39 GBytes (75% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 207 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used: 70 EXE Plug-Ins using 2 Gbytes
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; July 28, 2018, 01:09 PM.
Working...
X