No announcement yet.

New Error on .460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To help narrow down what is causing the queue to fill you can enable a log statement that logs the time a plugin is taking to handle the callback. Go to the Tools menu, then control panel and in the run box enter:

hs.debugmode=2

This enables Event logging. It will probably put a lot of stuff in your log but whenever a callback is made it will log the plugin and time it took to make the call. You will see a log entry like:

Code:
    Calling event CONFIG_CHANGE callback for plug-in Z-Wave Complete, time: 7 ms
    You can see this callback took 7 milliseconds which is what I would expect and that will not fill the queue.

To get the callback times you will need to update HS to build 489, Windows build is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_489.msi
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am seeing these errors on .458, but nor very frequent
      Jan-07 21:54:39 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 32) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
      Jan-07 21:54:39 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 32) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
      I have these plugins plus 5 or 6 of Jon00's plugins which do not show in that list, like the Alexa helper, grouping, ini viewer, event list and viewer
      Plug-Ins Enabled: drhsIpPlugIn:,Blue-Iris:,NetCAM:,PHLocation:,UltraLog3:,Global Cache Pro:,Sonos:,BLLAN:,Tasker Plugin:,RFXCOM:,BLGData:,Kodi:,Restart:,EasyTrigger:,ImperiH ome:,MediaController:,BLStat:,Pushover 3P:,Neato:,Z-Wave:

Comment

rjh Thanks Rich, I have it installed but now getting many of these:

Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: LOG) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates. I have two plugins that monitor the log, UltraLog and SDJ-Health.

Jan-08 8:36:23 AM EVENT DEBUG 08:36:23:7807: Calling event LOG callback for plug-in UltraLog3 Complete, time: 1 ms
        Jan-08 8:36:23 AM EVENT DEBUG 08:36:23:7651: Calling event LOG callback for plug-in UltraLog3
        Jan-08 8:36:23 AM EVENT DEBUG 08:36:23:7651: Calling event LOG callback for plug-in SDJ-Health Complete, time: 1 ms
        Jan-08 8:36:23 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: LOG) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
        Jan-08 8:36:23 AM EVENT DEBUG 08:36:23:7651: Calling event LOG callback for plug-in SDJ-Health

Thoughts?

How do you disable the event logging? hs.debugmode=0?

Thanks
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Would there be a way to log the callback entries to a file instead of the HS log?

Comment

I could, but hopefully we can see what is going on here quickly so I don't have to keep making code changes. You can use the filter on the log page to just see the callbacks.
            Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Would there be a way to log the callback entries to a file instead of the HS log?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              I could, but hopefully we can see what is going on here quickly so I don't have to keep making code changes. You can use the filter on the log page to just see the callbacks.
              With the two plugins that monitor the logs, it was impossible to see anything as it was just filling up with the messages I posted earlier. With those two plugins disabled, the log grew very fast (I have approx. 2000 devices and 1100 events) so I disabled the debug logging for now. I did review the entries that were created and so far nothing jumped out.

Since disabling debug, I only have received the following "dropping event callbacks" messages. Two of Device Ref numbers provided by the more detailed event log information pointed to devices for Timers. I have since deleted all seven of my devices associated with timers and have not seen any further messages (it's been almost 2.5 hours). The third device is associated with the APCUPSD plugin and I suspect it gets periodic updates from the apcupsd daemons that I have running on 3 different systems and updates all of its devices at the same time.

Jan-08 11:30:13 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: STRING_CHANGE Device Ref: 6837) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 10:29:51 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: RUN_SCRIPT_SPECIAL) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 10:29:48 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: RUN_SCRIPT_SPECIAL) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 10:29:44 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: RUN_SCRIPT_SPECIAL) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 10:29:42 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: RUN_SCRIPT_SPECIAL) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 10:29:40 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: VALUE_CHANGE Device Ref: 7709) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
              Jan-08 9:09:23 AM Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: STRING_CHANGE Device Ref: 4963) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                To help narrow down what is causing the queue to fill you can enable a log statement that logs the time a plugin is taking to handle the callback. Go to the Tools menu, then control panel and in the run box enter:

hs.debugmode=2

This enables Event logging. It will probably put a lot of stuff in your log but whenever a callback is made it will log the plugin and time it took to make the call. You will see a log entry like:

Code:
                Calling event CONFIG_CHANGE callback for plug-in Z-Wave Complete, time: 7 ms
                You can see this callback took 7 milliseconds which is what I would expect and that will not fill the queue.

To get the callback times you will need to update HS to build 489, Windows build is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_489.msi
                Hi,

Is there a concurent version for Linux system with another number? Thanks

Comment

With the two plugins that monitor the logs, it was impossible to see anything as it was just filling up with the messages I posted earlier.
                  As you have found if callbacks are logged it is going to cause an infinite loop with any pi that monitors the log. It is only possible to do this if the callbacks are logged to a file.

Steve

Comment

Before I enable this mode, hs.debugmode=2, what disables it?
                    Jan-08 16:50:09 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: CONFIG_CHANGE) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                    Jan-08 16:50:09 Warning Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: CONFIG_CHANGE) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                      Before I enable this mode, hs.debugmode=2, what disables it?
                      hs.debugmode=0 worked for me

Comment

I enabled debug logging using hs.debugmode=2

My logs quickly filled up with the below statement over and over again... not sure why, I am monitoring 4 battery operated smoke detectors. In the 30 to 45 seconds I had the debug enabled this log line was generated over 24,000 times.
                        EVENT DEBUG 05:53:18:3855: Calling event LOG callback for plug-in SDJ-Health

As sparkman indicated you can shut off the HomeSeer debug log using hs.debugmode=0
                        Billy

Comment

Yes, you need to disable any plugin that monitors the log.

Comment

Yes, you need to disable any plugin that monitors the log.
                            Ahh, I see... thanks
                            Billy

Comment

Just an update on this. I have not seen any "Dropping Event Callback" warnings for about 5 days except during restarts when I get a variable amount of these:

Code:
                              Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: CONFIG_CHANGE) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates
                              I have not been able to determine which plugin causes the ones at startup as I need to disable a plugin, restart, etc. Hopefully rjh will add the option to log debugs to a file so that I can figure those out.

What resolved it for me was a change to event callbacks in one plugin (which none of the other people that are posting about this issue are running) and the deletion of all (7) of my timer devices. Since other people are not running this same plugin, I'm expecting it to be an issue related to multiple plugins registering for the event callbacks and the cumulative effect of these plugins causes the queue to fill up. I would still like to see an option for a larger queue size for those that have the memory and cpu to allow that.

Comment

I posted a build 495 with the queue size changed to 2000, so you are welcome to see if that helps with the warning message. I also posted builds for the Zee S2 and the SEL so you can update from setup to this build. Windows build is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_495.msi

Comment

Working...
                                X