No announcement yet.

New Error on .460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rich! I'll try that out and provide feedback.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Just so I understand - under the new queue size the issue doesn't go away - an errant plugin can still cause issues. However, there is a little more breathing room and if the queue doesn't get to 2000 then commands will not be lost? However, if the plugin is causing issues, and it does build up, then it can impact the performance even if doesn't reach the new limit of 2000?

Comment

Correct.
        Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        Just so I understand - under the new queue size the issue doesn't go away - an errant plugin can still cause issues. However, there is a little more breathing room and if the queue doesn't get to 2000 then commands will not be lost? However, if the plugin is causing issues, and it does build up, then it can impact the performance even if doesn't reach the new limit of 2000?
        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Honestly I would be surprised if the larger queue size helped in any but very certain cases. In computers queues are generally empty or full, they don't float around the middle. Either the consumer processes the items faster than the are produced (queue stays or very near 0) or the producer generates events faster than the consumer can process them (queue stays full). Ultimately this is an issue with plugins, I have seen many very slow plugins, and until more developers understand they need to audit this code for performance, this issue won't go away. The MOST useful thing that HS can do is report metrics on each plugin, give an average (in microseconds) of the calls to the HSEvent function. That will immediately let people know which plugins need to address their speed issues. I am guessing within a month of that being available, there will be lots of new versions of plugins in the updater.

Rich, just keep two longs for each plugin. A total time spent in HSEvent (wrap the call and get the difference in mills) and the total calls. When the queue is full (or once a day or something) dump the numbers to the log. The problem will abate quickly after this is available.

Comment

Up and running on .495 and zero dropped callback messages in the log during startup.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Up and running on .495 and zero dropped callback messages in the log during startup.
              same

Comment

Updating now. Will report back. I did receive an updated plugin which helped, and removed another an things did get better, but I was still seeing queue backups on occasion. Hopefully the additional headroom will resolve this. Stay tuned.

My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Looking very promising.

Comment

Another update. I have had zero Dropped Event Callback warnings since installing .495. None during startups and none while HS is running. Thanks rjh !

Comment

Separately I have read about some issues with this version and z-wave - with z-wave version 255. I am running z-wave 252. Any issues just updating HS3 to .495. I really don't want to cause issues with my z-wave setup. Thanks

Comment

Separately I have read about some issues with this version and z-wave - with z-wave version 255. I am running z-wave 252. Any issues just updating HS3 to .495. I really don't want to cause issues with my z-wave setup. Thanks
                        I'm running z-wave .249 with it and no issues that I've seen.

Comment

I'm running z-wave .249 with it and no issues that I've seen.
                          I can't really say what did happen to me ( The time of rebuilding the z wave network was less than analyses whats wrong.. wait or comment on forum etc) ... but had to built my z wave from scratch.

I was on .49, updated o .52, try to ping '' all the node.... noone were pingable with the plugin. They seems to be able to report some value thought...

I updated to .55 , but no luck..

So, removed all the z wave related stuff in my folders. When i mean all , I really mean ALL. Started a fresh network on .55 .

Did a backup of both hs3 and the z wave interface when i finished. Seems to run fine since yesterday... From now on, Iwill backup my Data z wave folder somewhere else.

I think the database did corrupt or the plugin picked a wrong one.. not sure seriously. I feels like it did'nt like the version transition in some way... and .55 is fine ... ( I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

I can't really say what did happen to me ( The time of rebuilding the z wave network was less than analyses whats wrong.. wait or comment on forum etc) ... but had to built my z wave from scratch.

I was on .49, updated o .52, try to ping '' all the node.... noone were pingable with the plugin. They seems to be able to report some value thought...

I updated to .55 , but no luck..

So, removed all the z wave related stuff in my folders. When i mean all , I really mean ALL. Started a fresh network on .55 .

Did a backup of both hs3 and the z wave interface when i finished. Seems run fine since yesterday... From now one I will backup my Data z wave folder somewhere else.

I think the database did corrupt or the plugin picked a wrong one.. not sure seriously. I feels like it did'nt like the version transition in some way... and .55 is fine ... ( I hope)
                            Were you on .495 when you tried the update to z-wave 252? I am already on 252 so hoping the .495 update won’t be a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were you on .495 when you tried the update to z-wave 252?

Yes

Comment

Another update. I have had zero Dropped Event Callback warnings since installing .495. None during startups and none while HS is running. Thanks rjh !
                                Ditto here.

Comment

Working...
                                X