HS3 v.478 on Raspberry Pi 3b+ Running very stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 v.478 on Raspberry Pi 3b+ Running very stable

Haven't really done any testing on this round of Beta testing but decided to load my install on a new Raspberry Pi 3b+ that arrived fairly recently and using latest beta v.478. I was mildly surprised to see memory usage holding stable at 89mb for the last week and dropping in some cases.

One noticeable thing is that HS3 is a lot more responsive on this RPI v the RPI3 which I used for the previous rounds of beta testing.

I have the latest stable release running on a Rock64 4gb which is very solid but I'm tempted to power it down and use it for other chores now that I have what looks like a solid HS3 RPI setup. I'll give it another couple of weeks before I decide but all in all it's looking promising. I only use three additional plugins so I feel the Rock64 is overkill.

concordseer what setup instructions did you use? I've been running on a Pi2 for years and would like to move to a Pi3.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

When moving RPI2 to RPI3 I just disabled the HS3 service(didn't want it launching on powering up the RPI 3) shutdown HS3 and powered off the RPI2. I popped the SD card into the RPI 3 powered it up and ran the sudo apt update/upgrade to catch any firmware updates and re enabled the HS3 service and everything was good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
        When moving RPI2 to RPI3 I just disabled the HS3 service(didn't want it launching on powering up the RPI 3) shutdown HS3 and powered off the RPI2. I popped the SD card into the RPI 3 powered it up and ran the sudo apt update/upgrade to catch any firmware updates and re enabled the HS3 service and everything was good to go.
        Hi, came across this post since I just bought a Rpi3+ To replace my Rpi3 running Hs3 Pro for some years now.

- So if I understand correctly, if I just take the sd from my old Rpi3 and put it in the new Rpi3+ B, I can apt- update and up-grade it, and it will run fine? Since I read that the Rpi3 B image wad not working on the newer Rpi3 B+?

- And how to prevent Hs3 from starting on reboot on the new Rpi?

Comment

Just sudo systemctl disable homeseer.service That will disable your Homeseer service so you can run sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade on your next reboot. All you need do after that is sudo systemctl enable Homeseer.service and finally sudo systemctl start Homeseer.service and you're back in business again

Comment

Thanks. I just updated to the latest version of HS3 Pro but that will work as well I guess. Maybe I will make a duplicate of the sd card (holding debian and HS3) first so I have a properly working backup in case I mess up things Let you know if I succeed.

Comment

Dis some further updating before heading over to the Rpi3 B+ having the Rpi2 B running on Stretch. Than, took out the SD card and put it in the new device. And up and running again on the Rpi3 B+. Much faster trough ssh and Hstouch on the mobile. Nice

Comment

Make sure you do a sudo update and sudo upgrade on the Raspberry Pi 3+ too. Picks up any necessary board related OS and firmware changes. Make sure you take an image copy of your working SD card before you attempt this.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                  Make sure you do a sudo update and sudo upgrade on the Raspberry Pi 3+ too. Picks up any necessary board related OS and firmware changes. Make sure you take an image copy of your working SD card before you attempt this.
                  Hi, being happy having Hs3 running on the Pi 3+ at first. I now run into strange behaviour ending up with a non working system. I had the system running and even did an update and an upgrade on the Hs3 which went ok.
                  Than some time later I excluded a z-wave device which did not work very well and included it again. After this process for some reason, I needed to restart the system which normally goes well (through Hs3 tools - system). But this time after the restart I can not reach the Pi / Hs3 device any more. Not through the app, not through the webpage, ssh or Webmin. Also manually restarting the Pi is not working any more.

So I installed the copy of the sd card I made when the system worked fine on the (formatted) sd and after that it was up and running again.
                  But than I discovered some really strange things. A huge part of my events where gone? And for some strange reason the zwave devices did not respond any more.
                  So I decided to restart the system again which sometimes helps to get it going again. But than, again I ended up with having a non responding devices as mentioned above.
                  Any Idea what's wrong here?

Also, I have a dayly back up from the Hs3 files, which part (files) do I need for recovering the events?

Comment

Short update. I tried again with a fresh burned image on a sd. But the same result. So than I took the version I used on the Rpi which I used before. But that would not boot. So I decided to take that sd (16gb on a 30 gb sd) and use the older Rpi again (for now). All the events are still there and everything seems to work ok. So still remains the question what went wrong on the new Rpi 3+ and how to proceed?

Comment

Working...
                    X