tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    Will tenScripting work (or be updated) for HS4?
    I have been testing HS4 for a while. tenScripting3 will run fine under HS4. However, HS4 introduces new script functions, such as methods that deal with Categories, that will not compile properly using tenScripting3.

I am working on tenScripting4, but have run into an issue that Rich is helping me resolve. Legacy HS3 functionality was available via the hs object, that consisted essentially of the class IHsApplication. New HS4 functionality is essentially embodied in the IHsController class. The hs object available to HS4 scripts is a merging of the IHsApplication and IHsController classes. HS4 plugins (tenScripting4) have remote access to both IHsApplication and IHsController as separate classes, not a combined class. I have not come up with a way to provide a single hs object to tenScripting4 scripts that combines these two classes (essential to properly simulate the script environemnt in HS4). Rich is working on a solution.
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

I have been testing HS4 for a while. tenScripting3 will run fine under HS4. However, HS4 introduces new script functions, such as methods that deal with Categories, that will not compile properly using tenScripting3.

I am working on tenScripting4, but have run into an issue that Rich is helping me resolve. Legacy HS3 functionality was available via the hs object, that consisted essentially of the class IHsApplication. New HS4 functionality is essentially embodied in the IHsController class. The hs object available to HS4 scripts is a merging of the IHsApplication and IHsController classes. HS4 plugins (tenScripting4) have remote access to both IHsApplication and IHsController as separate classes, not a combined class. I have not come up with a way to provide a single hs object to tenScripting4 scripts that combines these two classes (essential to properly simulate the script environemnt in HS4). Rich is working on a solution.
      Thanks. So as long as we don’t use any new HS4-specific methods, it should work with HS4?

Comment

Correct.
        tenholde

Comment

Working...
        X