HS3 beta and Wayne Dalton Wireless Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Btw, special thanks goes out to Rich for taking another look at this device!!

As of ZWave Beta .51, you can now recognize when it has been triggered using events (without adding an outside physical device to have HS check status)

Basic instructions (from memory without the device in front of me right now):
    Thanks for posting this. Will dust off mine. I was planning to interface it to an Arduino and use MySensors to get it into HS, but it sounds like I won't need to do that anymore.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      Btw, special thanks goes out to Rich for taking another look at this device!!

As of ZWave Beta .51, you can now recognize when it has been triggered using events (without adding an outside physical device to have HS check status)

Basic instructions (from memory without the device in front of me right now):

*Add the Wayne-Dalton Remote to HS3
      I use the Send Network option on the ZWave controller page (repeat 2-3 times to make sure the transfer was complete). (Holding the Copy button and Button 1 on the remote until all three lights blink puts the remote in receive mode)

*Add HS3 to the Wayne-Dalton Remote button you want to notify HS3
      Hold the button down on the remote until it goes on, then off, then stays on (keep holding it)
      Trigger the HS3 "Include" button (from the ZWave Controller management page)
      (Repeat for each button if you want HS3 to be alerted - you will not be able to tell which button was pressed, any button you add will send On (twice) to the single HS3 device).

*In HS3, Go into the new device, go to the Status Graphics page

*Add new Single Device values for 0 and 255

*Rename the description to Off (0) and On (255)

*Set the Control Use dropdown options to match

*You will want to set matching status graphics in the lower section as well

*Create a new Event with a trigger type of: "had its value set to On"

*You will likely want to limit this event to running only once per second because each push of the remote will result in the device being set twice (the remote actually sends On twice for some reason).

*You can use this event to do whatever you want based on the button being pushed (set a virtual device, send an email, change another device).

I hope someone else finds value in this. Thanks again to Rich!

Thank you for posting this information. I'm trying to add mine and having an issue with the second step "Add HS3 to the Wayne-Dalton Remote button"

I follow your steps, when I go to the Homeseer "Include" Button option, I see the Wayne Dalton Scene blink 3 times as if it is ACKing that include attempt. When I go to the Device Mgmt page, I do not see a new device created. Are there any more options I should be trying?

I'm running the latest zwave beta code.

Thanks

Comment

No. Sound right. The device that was added when you sent the network to the device will be the one that will now receive the status update (be turned on, and never turn off). Once you add the status pairs, then the event can detect the device getting set as on.

Comment

OK, thank you for the clarification. In my mind I was thinking I would see another 'device' besides the initial controller added.

I followed the rest of the steps and confirmed that everything is working. Too bad it can't recognize which scene is firing. I guess I will need to add another unit. I need to open two different garage openers (long story) :-)

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

No problem. Yes, I bought a second unit so I can detect a pattern or detecting a trigger from a different car.

You can still use the remote's built in scene actions to trigger direct zwave actions if you want. Just not through HS3.

Comment

I know this is a really old thread, but I am trying to set this up on HS4 and not finding any information. I followed the above instructions and it half way worked. When I press the scene 1 button on the WD the event fires - perfect! ..only it wont fire again until press the Scene 3 button. Scene 3 is not programmed to do anything, all it appears to do is reset the WD to off state so that Scene 1 again triggers the On state. How can I have this reset automatically? I thought I could just add it as part of the event and have the event change the Control state back to Off, but that is not an option apparently. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Yes, definitely an old thread. I have moved since I had this last working and haven't tried setting this up on my new house yet. It might still be working from when I added it last time. I need to dig it out and test. Even though I purchased my upgrade a long time ago, I haven't tried migrating to HS4 yet. It would seem that you likely didn't set the values to include control (ie, both). You can't set them in an event if they don't have the control option available.

Comment

Thanks, I did in fact set the control value to both (for both 0 and 255). I did find a work around that appears to solve the issue. In the event instead of firing when the control changes and is set to (on), I just fire the event anytime the WD had its value set or changed and everything seems to be working like I want. I can use one of the homelink buttons on my jeep to send unlock my front door. Thanks for the (old) thread, it got me started!

Comment

Glad it got you going! I want to do the same thing. . .unlock the inside garage door from one of those buttons. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X