X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I have this error sometimes now
    Attached Files

Comment

Review each Homeseer event one by one. I have always kept up with the updates on the RPi's running Wheezy, Jessie and Ubuntu server. I did have an issue with the manual update of Mono from 3.12 to 4.xx.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Okey now it is working

I am not sure what I did but I did shutdown Hs3 in the GUI and I also
        used webmin and find one Homeseer running and killed it and I then tured off the computer and the started it agan and now everything is working fine

Comment

Good news kridan!

Did you find what started HS3 process or what HS3 process was running?

Sometimes when shutting down HS3 some plugins take longer to shut down and linger a bit.

Here today upgraded my HS3 Pro box from Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit to Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

I hemmed and hawed about doing this or starting from scratch.

I had only one (not) issue after completion of the update. The update broke my mysql stuff.

I tried to fix it and could not. I then tried to delete it and could not.

Googling found it to be a common issue with updating 14.04 to 16.04.

I googled and found a way to delete mySQL and reinstall it. Looks like it worked.

Only thing now is checking to make sure my DBs are running OK.

Noticed too it upgraded my Mono from 3.12 to 4.XX.

I see an issue which I have seen before when HS3 starts.

Compiling script Startup.vb: Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball) Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. All rights reserved. vbnc : Command line : error VBNC2017: The library 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll' could not be found. There were 1 errors and 0 warnings. Compilation took 00:00:00.1248880

Googling here on HS it is just an issue of just doing another apt-get install mono-complete.

Another thing noticed when booting up HS3 is that all of the EXE files in the Homeseer directory are seen. IE: I had backups of plugins and left the exe extension on them. Renamed them with a bak extension.

Lastly as expected the update to Mono removed my reoccurring events. Wish there was a way to add them rather than redoing the event.
          Last edited by Pete; August 26, 2016, 11:36 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am not sure what I did that did the trick. I just deleted a process that was running. I think maybe homeseer or something like that. Deleted my events and I shutdown my pc.

Then I started it again it was working. I tried only rebooting at first but that did`t work.

Comment

Good news Kristian!

What type of Hardware PC / VM are you running HS3 on?

Thinking you settled on Ubuntu. Is that on a PC or is it a VM?

Relating to Homeseer typically only see mono processes. Typical though shut down HS via the HS Gui. If need be though have killed the mono processes.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I bougt my self a NUCi5 celeron duo pc. I am using ubuntu 16.04 with an updated kernel.
                I had some problem in the beginning with ubunte because of the new NUC model there was some kernel bugs. I needed to choose linux hardrive in BIOS to get it to work. I should have work when it was Windows 10 harddrive in BIOS but a bug in kernel a got some errors when I stared ubuntu server for the first time.

Comment

Ahhh...thank you Kristian.

Here pushing a bit now on the iSeries / 16Gb HS3 Pro machine with the base Ubuntu doing the Oracle VMs for SAPI plus now playing with hardware connectivity to the VMs does work. This one uses a picoPSU and a new style tiny SSD drive.

Just cannot get away from Microsoft SAPI here used for the automation TTS stuff.

Today it is running fine with HS3.

I did update the computer from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04 and had to remove and reinstall mySQL server which was a bit time consuming.

I did stall the update to Ubuntu 16.04 for a while. Starting with a new base of 16.04 shouldn't be an issue for you though.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Segfault when changing password on Debian

/var/opt/HomeSeer/./change_password.sh: line 3: 3093 Segmentation fault ./check_passwd $1 $2

I'm running Debian Jessie.

Comment

Just started to see segmentation faults here on Jessie / RPi2.

Initially couldn't install Webmin as the build was running out of memory.

Just a few minutes ago I couldn't reboot. I should have installed Jessie-Lite.

Not using the desktop so removed much of the desktop applications tonight.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Not using the desktop so removed much of the desktop applications tonight.
                        Pete - Could you elaborate more on how to remove the desktop components?

I'm running Jessie on RPi3 and need to reboot every couple of weeks to stop from running out of memory.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Yes here is a list.

Well looking for it. The list includes just about every GUI application installed.

Google removing the bloat from Jessie or just build new using Jessie light.

Here is a start. There is more.

Make sure you adjust the GPU to lowest setting. You do not need a gui such that you can remove x windows if you want.

$ sudo apt-get remove mathematica-fonts
                          $ sudo apt-get remove wolfram-engine
                          $ sudo apt-get remove scratch
                          $ sudo apt-get remove sonic-pi
                          $ sudo apt-get remove nodered
                          $ sudo apt-get remove oracle-java8-jdk *
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-writer
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-calc
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-base
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-impress
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-draw
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice-math
                          $ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice
                          $ sudo apt-get autoremove

* I left java installed.
                          I first noticed this trying to install Webmin on base Jessie install. Webmin wouldn't install at all.

Today just running Jessie for a remote HS3 device. IE: using 1-wire, Z-Wave, UPB and X10 remotely connecting to the new mini HS3 lite mothership. It was crashing running just Z-Wave remotely every few days here.

I can tell now it's running way faster as my SSH login response time is great. Here is HTOP (not running remote UPB/X10 for the time bean).

I do not understand why I am seeing multiple PIDs for one connection to Z-Wave here.

I would really prefer to run Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit server on it but it is way too slow and a bit kludgy.

That is were the Pine64 / 2Gb / Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit server runs circles around the RPi2-3 with Jessie or Jessie lite.

Also here syslog is filling up with

rsyslogd-2007: action 'action 17' suspended,

messages. (hundreds of these messages)

Fix is:

Commented out the last 4 lines of /etc/rsyslog.conf file like this:

#daemon.*;mail.*;\
                          # news.err;\
                          # *.=debug;*.=info;\
                          # *.=notice;*.=warn |/dev/xconsole

Which I just did.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; September 8, 2016, 07:35 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

no images

My HS3 on Linux seems to work great, the only problem I'm having is that it can't find any icons
                            Anyone having any clue?

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice View Post
                              My HS3 on Linux seems to work great, the only problem I'm having is that it can't find any icons
                              Anyone having any clue?
                              For some reason, the "contemporary" folder is missing on the Linux install (or at least the one(s) I've used). You can always install a trial version on Windows and grab the "html\images\HomeSeer" folder (if my memory serves) if they aren't posted somewhere on this forum already.

Comment

Events not importing

Trying HS3 using hs3_linux_3_0_0_297.tar on a RPi2.

I have tried using Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 installing mono-complete as required. I was able to import all everything including events with no problem.

Then I tried Raspian Jessie 4.4 full version also installing mono-complete but I get each of 5 event groups as error log when initializing none get loaded.

Unable to load event group, name: Garage Lights
                                Sep-22 5:24:29 PM Error DeSerializing object (byte): Could not find type 'System.Collections.SortedList+KeyList'. Source=mscorlib

What is the difference? Why would the one and the not the other OS work? Is it the mono-version?

Comment

Working...
                                X