Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have succeeded in getting it all working without running a restore so far. Now I'm hoping its not the restore when it breaks.

Comment

Try this:

apt-get install libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil

which is referenced here:

File list of package libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil in sid of architecture all
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Good news Jim!

What restore? Database restore?

I have not attempted to migrate from a Windows HS3 to a Linux HS3 cuz I have always used Linux for HS3.

For testing HomeSeer I just copy the Linux HomeSeer directory to wherever.

Lost my connection to the Homeseer forum for a bit just now.

I rebooted my Jessie RPi2 build and all is fine now.

That said I am done doing this (I keep writing this) so will start a new Jessie Lite build from scratch and if that doesn't work then going back to Wheezy on the RPi2.

Note that this Jessie build RPi2 is just a Z-Wave slave (and x10 and UPB slave) / 1-wire hub and my Zee-2 HS3 lite is running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit server on the Xi5A.

Might make the Pine64 (also running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit) the official Z-Wave slave and make the RPi2 something else or try an RPi3 (but I have no interest in the integrated Blue Tooth or WLAN stuff on the board - do want it to run Jessie in 64 bit mode though).
        Last edited by Pete; October 25, 2016, 11:34 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Good news Jim!

What restore?

Here I just copy the HomeSeer directory as a backup to my Homeseer build.

Lost my connection to the Homeseer forum for a bit just now.
          I normally use the restore button form the backup I made. I havent tried copying over the whole HomeSeer file directory.

Comment

mono install for Raspbian Jessie Lite 4.4

I just finished doing a re-installation and the below the install method I used.

sudo -i

apt-get install mono-vbnc
            apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
            apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
            apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
            apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
            apt-get install flite
            apt-get install aha

I received the error related 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll' error once on an old build of jessie that I had. My notes say that i tried installing mono complete which made my zwave equipment nearly unusable. I did more research on the mono site and found that the error message is linked to mono 3.8 dependencies that are not present in the mono 4 install. I have a post somewhere on here where on the homseer boards where I pointed out that I found that if I ran:

sudo -i
            apt-get install mono-xsp4

the error message stopped. on my current HS3 server build a ran the above in addition to the rest of the apt-get commands that Pete pointed out (save for mono complete) and I have not seen that error.

Comment

Well that when my problem starts!

I copied the HomeSeer folder (as a restore) over and after that my Script errors return.

When I started with only an empty fresh install on the trail of hs3 I created a script and it was fine along with the startup script. After I run the restore or copy over the HomeSeer file directory and start it up my errors are there.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                Well that when my problem starts!

I copied the HomeSeer folder (as a restore) over and after that my Script errors return.

When I started with only an empty fresh install on the trail of hs3 I created a script and it was fine along with the startup script. After I run the restore or copy over the HomeSeer file directory and start it up my errors are there.
                now that is interesting. So, you are running mono complete or not? Also have you checked the permissions on the restored directory (command should be "ls -al"). if you are running mono on startup with a service account have you confirmed that the service account is either the object owner or a member of the group that has ownership of the files?

Comment

That is odd.

I have always backed up HomeSeer directory when updating for the quickie return if I have an issue.

Yup; here just throw the Mono kitchen sink to it and it worked for me. (mono-complete and what Rich posted).

Note that here I am still running HS3 HS3 Pro and lite Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux) and Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.80.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That is odd.

I have always backed up HomeSeer directory when updating for the quickie return if I have an issue.

Yup; here just throw the Mono kitchen sink to it and it worked for me. (mono-complete and what Rich posted).

Note that here I am still running HS3 HS3 Pro and lite Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux)

And Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.80.
                    I'm going to test more tomorrow, with some older backups and such.

But Fresh install including installing the apps (but not all the config files) it works. I'm hoping this isn't some windows to Linux issue. I have been running windows for around a year and just moved to linux to test a few weeks ago and just yesterday is when i dropped windows completely and moved to linux everything works fine except for the only two devices I control via scripts or http commands. My Roomba and Blueiris Profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                      now that is interesting. So, you are running mono complete or not? Also have you checked the permissions on the restored directory (command should be "ls -al"). if you are running mono on startup with a service account have you confirmed that the service account is either the object owner or a member of the group that has ownership of the files?
                      Yes complete mono everything I can find to run.

Now permissions..... You might be on to something there. I need more help ro instructions to check/fix.

I only run as root user, not Homeseer user.

Comment

This is what I use for auto startup, but even the shut down in this has never worked right as it uses the scripting that doesn't work.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...36&postcount=5

Comment

I'm hoping this isn't some windows to Linux issue

The fix for this was (posted by Rich) to use Mono 4.X so the import from the Windows DB to Linux DB would work.

I updated my Linux builds from Mono 3.12 to 4.X and it messed up my events such that I had to delete them and reconfigure them on my HS3 Pro and lite machines.

Here always shut down HS3 via the HS3 GUI. Some plugins take a long time to shut down.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm hoping this isn't some windows to Linux issue

The fix for this was (posted by Rich) to use Mono 4.X so the import from the Windows DB to Linux DB would work.

I updated my Linux builds from Mono 3.12 to 4.X and it messed up my events such that I had to delete them and reconfigure them.
                            So I think I been on 4.x ever since I started with the PI, but I'm not really sure. I do have a windows backup before I made the switch to linux. So even if any of this is has to do with mono 3x to 4x I can now start with 4x (I now know which version i have) and the windows restore over linux should be fine.

Except it isn't so far.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              Yes complete mono everything I can find to run.

Now permissions..... You might be on to something there. I need more help ro instructions to check/fix.

I only run as root user, not Homeseer user.

Ok where is your HS3 folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                                Ok where is your HS3 folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Usr/local/

Comment

Working...
                                X