X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Get X10 Plugin to Work

Hello,
    I am working with Linux HS3 Beta on Ubuntu 12.04. Got the UI up fine. I can not get the X10 plugin to work. Has anyone else been able to? Please see post at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1088056.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comment

It will as a trial for 30 days, you can always request a trial key if needed.

It has been tested on Ubuntu and Debian. It requires MONO ver 2.8 or later. So if MONO is installed and functioning, it should run. I have not tested RedHat.

Originally posted by unixdood
      2 questions on this Linux version,

- Will HS3 Linux run on RHEL 5.x Server?
      - How long will the HS3 Linux beta run for? Is it same as trial (30 Days)?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich

Comment

Ubuntu instructions?

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          It has been tested under Debian and Ubuntu.

These instructions are for a Debian 7 install.

Run HS3 using the "go" script:

./go
          Thanks for developing a linux version! I'm excited to try it out. So, I would like to try it out on my Ubuntu laptop before migrating my 1U server from XP to Ubuntu.

I basically followed the Debian instructions on my Ubuntu install and it seemed to complete properly. I execute the ./go command and HS3 seems to start up properly in the terminal window. But I am not sure how to get to the GUI interface to configure and control HS3. can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks again!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins View Post
            Thanks for developing a linux version! I'm excited to try it out. So, I would like to try it out on my Ubuntu laptop before migrating my 1U server from XP to Ubuntu.

I basically followed the Debian instructions on my Ubuntu install and it seemed to complete properly. I execute the ./go command and HS3 seems to start up properly in the terminal window. But I am not sure how to get to the GUI interface to configure and control HS3. can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks again!

Ed
            Just open your favorite browser (chrome) and point it to your server. This is assuming HS3 started up on port 80...
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks! Next question...

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Just open your favorite browser (chrome) and point it to your server. This is assuming HS3 started up on port 80...
              How silly of me! just opened up a browser to localhost and lo and behold, HS3 is there. Amazing how things work! Thanks.

I thought the beta software was open, but it's asking for a license key - is the beta period over?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins View Post
                How silly of me! just opened up a browser to localhost and lo and behold, HS3 is there. Amazing how things work! Thanks.

I thought the beta software was open, but it's asking for a license key - is the beta period over?

thanks!
                Yes, it is released with a 30d trial. Go ahead and kick the tires :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I'm confused

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Yes, it is released with a 30d trial. Go ahead and kick the tires :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
                  Thanks...but when I access the beta, I get the following:

Software License Registration
                  This software is unregistered and will not operate until you register it. Please enter your registration information below.
                  Click here for instant online registration.

How do I get the 30 day trial?

Comment

VM resources needed

I just got my VM server set up. Its amazing what you can get on EBay these days for that stuff. Got a Dell R610 with 48 GB of memory and 2x Xeon L5639's (24 low power cores!) for $850. There are many cheaper options as well. Its extremely quiet which was my only concern.

Now on to HS. How much memory and how many cores should I devote to it? I have 20 or so ZWave switches, 30-40 events and Sonos/hs speaker to make announcements. Aside from that not too much. I will be running on Ubuntu 64 bit Server 12.04

Thanks

Comment

I should probably start a new thread for this, but just stumbled on this little controller yesterday and thought that it would make a decent unit for HS3 Linux ... what do you guys think?
                      it's called "Odroid" runs Linux and Android ... you can even attach a touchscreen to it
                      http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php

Comment

I use the odroid x2 to run my Asterisk PBX it is fast and runs great! Mine has 1.7G quad cores and 2Gig of memory. I use another one for a Domain Controller running SAMBA4. It would be great if it would work with HS these boards only use 3-4 watts of power!
                        HS2 Environment
                        Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
                        HomeSeer Way2Call
                        Netiom-Xap board
                        opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
                        Plug-In's
                        WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
                        Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
                        mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
                        mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
                        IM Connector 4.87.2.5
                        Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
                        RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
                        Odroid X2
                        Asterisk 11.5.1
                        FreePBX 2.11.0.42
                        WebMin 1.720
                        Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

That's good to hear HomeTech ... Asterisk is also on my list of things t build. Is there an image available for the odroid? or did you build it from scratch? Also wondering how XBMC would run on it. I bet it would behave much better than on the raspberry.

Comment

Don't know about XBMC but every thing I have running on the odroid runs Great! here is a link to the Asterisk I built

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/ind...p2-2-27.14136/
                            Last edited by HomeTech; May 13, 2014, 03:53 AM.
                            HS2 Environment
                            Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
                            HomeSeer Way2Call
                            Netiom-Xap board
                            opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
                            Plug-In's
                            WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
                            Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
                            mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
                            mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
                            IM Connector 4.87.2.5
                            Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
                            RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
                            Odroid X2
                            Asterisk 11.5.1
                            FreePBX 2.11.0.42
                            WebMin 1.720
                            Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Anyone tried or had success installing and running the Linux version of HS3 on a BeagleBone Black? BBB list price is $45. TI claims it runs "full Linux," including Debian and Ubuntu: http://www.ti.com/lit/wp/spry204/spry204.pdf. I gather from post #1 that may be sufficient to install HS3, so I pose the query.

Comment

It would be sort of "bare bones" running; lite maybe with one or two plugins. I've tested running one plugin on the Zee shutting off HS3 for Zee and just running the plugin. It does work hard and slows once I make it do a bunch of stuff.

I recently did an upgrade to the OS on the Zee. Took a chance. The upgrade used the repositories that are built in. I walked away as it took a while to run the upgrade. Similiar upgrades on just twice the CPU were a bit faster.

Such that it will probably run HS3Pro but not as quickly as say the above mentioned quad core with 2Gb of memory. (1.7 gig quad core / 2gig memory).

While not pushing the PogoPlug (~ double the CPU) too much; it does work a bit just running the mcsSprinklers for Linux program on a 1.2Ghz Arm CPU with 512Mb of memory. (Mono and stuff are installed).
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X