Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be a problem, but you can install that dll using apt get.

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
    I have installed HS3 in a virtual machine according to the directions that Rich provided. Everything worked as expected and the UI came up etc. I noticed an error in the startup logging below. How is missing this dll going to affect things. Is this critical?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Could be a problem, but you can install that dll using apt get.
      I am not sure how to do that. This is what I tried.
      Attached Files

Comment

you have to find the correct package name first, try a search:

apt-cache search DataSetExtensions

That should find the package you need.

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
        I am not sure how to do that. This is what I tried.

Comment

Rich,
          The apt-cache search didn't return anything but I was able to find the package name with a Bing search. When I installed the package another DLL was missing. I was able to extrapolate the package name and now I have a clean startup.

To summarize I followed the installation steps:
          1) Install Debian to your PC from here:
          http://www.debian.org/distrib/
          I chose the "Small installation image"

2) Install the following packages that are required by HS3:
          apt-get install mono-vbnc
          apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
          apt-get install flite
          apt-get install chromium

In addition I needed to install:
          apt-get install libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil
          apt-get install libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil

Comment

Rupp deleted a thread where another user was having the same issue. I had it too and had to spend a lot of time to resolve. I had to install mono-complete to resolve. This was for a hard-float arm with Debian Jessi.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here too I had the same issue that Neil brought up watching the start up logs on his new Ubuntu 14.04 32bit PC running Homeseer Pro.

I too replicated it here (Homeseer 3 Pro for Linux) with a new Homestroller S2 build (Ubuntu 14.04 32bit). (well also on a Joggler Ubuntu 14.04 32bit build - from scratch and the Zee RPi - from scratch.)

Here I had also installed Webmin and updated it as presented with updates.

I don't know what changed with my S2 build here; but the error went away.

I am not sure if the start up DLL error went away on Neil's Ubuntu 32bit HS3 build.

I did not proactively install the DLL here.

Rather just checked Webmin and updated accordingly.

Note that Neil's PC was Intel CPU based and the Hometroller S2 CPU here is Via based.

I did also install Homeseer 3 Pro on the RPi (overclocked to 900Mhz) and do not see the error while booting HS3. (also have Webmin running / updated accordingly).

One more thing. I installed HS3Pro from scratch on the Zee (RPi) as described above. I just looked and do see two bin directories. One with a capital b and another with a lower case b. I don't know if that has anything to do with this.
              Last edited by Pete; October 23, 2014, 08:24 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                HS3 for Linux is a modified version of HS3 that runs under Linux. It is full HS3 with the following exceptions:

* No VBScript support (.txt scripts). VB.Net scripting and C# scripting is supported
                * No SSL connections to the web server, use MyHomeSeer service for SSL connections.
                * Updater only shows plugins that have been tested under Linux. So plugin list will differ from the Windows version.

HS3 for Linux is free with your HS3 license. It does not require a seperate license. Your HS3 standard or PRO license will work.

Linux can be a challenge for non-technical users, the Linux version of HS3 is targeted to the more technical user.

It has been tested under Debian and Ubuntu.

These instructions are for a Debian 7 install.

1) Install Debian to your PC from here:
                http://www.debian.org/distrib/

2) Install the following packages that are required by HS3:

Note that MONO is required, but it is already installed with the Debian distribution. However, a few packages are missing:

apt-get install mono-vbnc
                apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
                apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
                apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
                apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
                apt-get install flite
                apt-get install chromium

If brltty is installed, this must be removed in order for a Z-Stick to work:
                ap-get remove brltty

Download the latest HS3 tar file (posted elsewhere in this forum), and untar with the command:

tar xvf filename

Change directory into the newly created HomeSeer folder:

cd HomeSeer

Change to root (need to be root to run HS3 in order for the web server to function)

su root

Run HS3 using the "go" script:

./go
                I encountered some problems following the above directions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1175369

Please advise.
                Last edited by NeverDie; December 1, 2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Since Ubuntu is built on Debian, will questions be answered about installation issues on Ubuntu, or am I purely "off the reservation" for starting with that? I don't want to be waiting on answers if the answers won't be coming. Also, given that the only Linux installation instructions available for installing HS3 were written over a year ago, I can't be sure to what degree they've gone obsolete.

Regarding Chromium, and the first error message immediately above: I do already have Chromium working as part of the Linaro package. Is that sufficient? It's strange that apt-get says 'chromium' has no installation package. Chromium-bsu appears to be some kind of space invaders game (?), so I can't believe it's relevant (?).
                  Last edited by NeverDie; December 1, 2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Installed HS3 a few months ago on latest Ubuntu and on Lubuntu. I did all the apt-get installs mentioned in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162813 (and apt-get remove). In both cases there were still complaints about 4 or 5 missing files. I simply googled: "filexyz how to install on Ubuntu", and then everything worked.
                    As for Chromium: you have to google for "Chromium browser on Ubuntu", but I disregarded that and HS3 works OK.
                    I am now running HS3 3.0.0.143: vast improvement over the earlier versions. The latest is available is .146:
                    http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_146.tar.gz

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
                      Installed HS3 a few months ago on latest Ubuntu and on Lubuntu. I did all the apt-get installs mentioned in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162813 (and apt-get remove). In both cases there were still complaints about 4 or 5 missing files. I simply googled: "filexyz how to install on Ubuntu", and then everything worked.
                      As for Chromium: you have to google for "Chromium browser on Ubuntu", but I disregarded that and HS3 works OK.
                      I am now running HS3 3.0.0.143: vast improvement over the earlier versions. The latest is available is .146:
                      http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_146.tar.gz
                      Thanks! It seems to be running now:

Name:	splash.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1175373

Apparently there's no 30 day eval on the linux HS3? This is an installation of the .146 link you provided. Is 0.143 locked down like this? Looks like it won't do anything until I register it. Are noobs limited to trialing just the windows version? (If so, that's a great strategy to alienate linux users. ) I do have a license, but now I need to go find it.... Bought it over a year ago. I hope the license isn't suddenly limited now to just one device, or this will all be pointless.... In fact, I think I need to re-confirm that before putting my license number into it. I don't want to find myself suddenly married for eternity to this particular chunk of hardware!
                      Last edited by NeverDie; December 1, 2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

You have to register to activate the trial, and afterwards you can introduce your license.
                        It has been some months ago, but my license for HS3 worked both for Windows and afterwards for Linux. I remember it was refused the first time with a message : something like "maximum number of activations exceeded".
                        At the same time some of my plugins were back to "trial". I e-mailed HS support explaining that I had to install several times before HS3 actually worked and they re-activated my license. That worked for the plugins too.

Comment

Ah, I see now that the chromium question was answered earlier by Guitarman:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=55

I guess Guitarman's been wondering why space invaders installed alongside his HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
                            I remember it was refused the first time with a message : something like "maximum number of activations exceeded".
                            At the same time some of my plugins were back to "trial".
                            Yeah, that's why for experimental purposes of trialing different hardware, I'd rather not put my license number into it. It's just a headache waiting to happen....

Frankly, I don't know how you can even pick hardware for HS3 without trying it out to see what's fast enough and what isn't. For instance, this new install is running on a $49 pcduino3, which is just one of dozens of the SBC's out there. I have no idea whether it will be fast enough or not. Even though it probably is faster than a raspberry pi, that really isn't saying much.

Comment

The Linux TAR file should run as a 30 day trial, I will check it.

You can always open a support ticket and we can issue you a 30 day trial key if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                The Linux TAR file should run as a 30 day trial, I will check it.

You can always open a support ticket and we can issue you a 30 day trial key if needed.
                                Thanks. I await your findings with bated breath. On my end, it seems quite insistent that I enter the registration info:

Name:	reg.png
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1175375

As it stands, I don't think it's going to budge without it.

Comment

Working...
                                X