This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
    They should state "It runs on Mono" not "It runs on Linux". Let's face it HS3 was designed for Windows and if not for the Mono emulator (Yes emulator, Mono is a background service that takes a windows program and makes it work under Linux..) or some other emulator (WINE comes to mind.) it wouldn't work on Linux or Mac OS !! What I don't understand is why MONO ?? Why not just make a Windows VM under Linux or MOS {MAC OS} ?? Emulator or VM still a "FIX" not raw code !! OK HS3 is old code that clearly was not designed for cross platform integration ! For me I don't care what they write the HS4 code in as long as it has EASY to port [Port not Emulate !!] it to other OS(s).
    WINE = Wine Is Not an Emulator
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Exactly, that entire post was just wrong.

Comment

Then , look like I will read a little more about mono itselft . Thanks . The author of the post should too.

Comment

Web sever fails to start? Any ideas insight? Pi3+ Wanting to move away from my dedicated energy wasting desktop pc that I run hs3 standard on.. asked support for help and suggested I can use the Linux build with my standard licence on a pi I had sitting around but encountering an error

Comment

What installation instructions did you use.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
              What installation instructions did you use.
              Hey thanks for reaching out concord
              I sorted it out this morning Monday 21st I was missing some dependencies...

I had installed mono-Vbnc only at that point in time (so many forum threads to read)

Then looked over the install guide and realize I was missing these... now it looks like it starts fine.. need to put

apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
              apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
              apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
              apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
              apt-get install flite

when I get home I’ll try to get it registered locally with my license.. I’ll reach out if any issues

does all look normal from what you see?
              Attached Files

Comment

You really need to follow these updated install instructions as most of those instructions you are following from the original post are obsolete. Just adjust to install for Raspbian instead of Ubuntu https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...u-18-04-server

Might be worthwhile starting a new post if you hit problems as your post got a little lost here hence the
                lack of replies

Comment

This has to be the easiest method with a make script
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...taller-package

Comment

Has anyone had luck installing HS3 on Debian 10? When attempting to install mono-vbnc on Debian, I get package doesn't exist error. I'm wondering if others have an alternative.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DanITman View Post
                      Has anyone had luck installing HS3 on Debian 10? When attempting to install mono-vbnc on Debian, I get package doesn't exist error. I'm wondering if others have an alternative.

Thanks
                      From this page you get all the command you have to enter in the console https://www.mono-project.com/downloa...oad-lin-debian

Code:
                      sudo apt update && sudo apt install apt-transport-https dirmngr gnupg ca-certificates -y

Code:
                      sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
                      Code:
                      echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-buster main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
                      Code:
                      sudo apt update
                      Now you have the ppa into you system...

then install the mono packages with this one line commands:

Code:
                      sudo apt install mono-devel -y  && sudo apt install mono-complete -y && sudo apt install ca-certificates-mono -y && apt install mono-xsp4 -y && sudo apt install mono-vbnc -y

Comment

So Im a complete newbie and though I had a handle on the system, but obviously not. I was going to upgrade to HS4, but the day I went to do this my system decided it didnt like me anymore. Long story short, everything was not accessible and had to do a complete fresh install on ubunto (i tried 20.04). I have looked at and read almost every discussion I could find on a fresh install of hs3. But Im lost and can not get any of them to work. I need the "dumbies version" to install. This may mean reinstalling ubunto or another operation system. Side not this was a homestroller sel that I had. I did contact homeseer support, but they just pointed me to these forums as they said its a custom install. So no help from them. Sorry I almost need a step by step, or maybe I should just through in the towel (and money spent) and look for a different system. I just need to get hs running again as I have no problem using the system.

Comment

Working...
                        X