Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, where do I find the go script? Below is the files extracted from hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_152.tar.gz
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hi, where do I find the go script? Below is the files extracted from hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_152.tar.gz
      Thanks

It looks like that is an upgrade install. You probably need to install 149 first and the 152 over the top of it.
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
        It looks like that is an upgrade install. You probably need to install 149 first and the 152 over the top of it.
        Steve
        Thanks Steve, I tried 149 but it also seems to be an update.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

hs3linux 152 not complete?

Just installed hs3 linux 3.0.0.152, but there's no go script.
          How to start this?

Comment

+1 for ./go

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
              BTW, was there ever a .150 or .151 release? If not, it serves to underscore the value of having an actual download page that people can go to. Otherwise, it's just hard for anyone but die-hards to keep track of it all.
              To make things worse, the naming is changing. Here's the name for 152:
              hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_152.tar.gz

Which is different than 149 above. So you can't just change the build number!

Help!

Comment

How do I configure build 149 to use the new Z-Net controller? I can't seem to figure it out, it just wants a /dev interface. I'm sure this is something obvious.

Comment

CentOS 7 Minimal with HS3Pro Linux+Mono

I started here looking for the instructions for CentOS and didn't find anything that was helpful:

Install instructions on CentOS 7 Minimal install (Clean install, assuming install complete with IP, hostname, passwords set and Internet from the new CentOS works)

AS ROOT:
                  yum -y install wget
                  yum -y update
                  rpm --import "
                  http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D83 1EF"
                  yum -y install yum-utils
                  yum -y install ntpdate ntp
                  ntpdate 0.centos.pool.ntp.org
                  chkconfig ntpd on
                  service ntpd start
                  yum-config-manager --add-repo
                  http://download.mono-project.com/repo/centos/
                  yum -y install mono-complete
                  mozroots --import --sync #probably not needed since certs are not used but worth having just in case they are supported in the future
                  yum -y install mono-basic
                  mkdir /var/local
                  cd /var/local
                  wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz
                  tar xzvf hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz
                  cd ./HomeSeer

Let's create a firewall service that contains the ports for HS3 and then modifies the default zone to enable this service. The echo commands will create the files where you need them to be created, so copy/paste works here on the BASH shell command line like above commands do. Keep in mind, if you need to change your HSTouch port, note below that 10200 will need to change to your port. Feel free to add other ports as well, for example for other plugins that need to remotely access this server.

echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>' > /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo '<service>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo ' <short>HS3 Ports</short>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo ' <description>HomeSeer 3 Ports needed for the application. HTTP, HTTPS (...future on Linux I am sure...), HSTouch </description>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo ' <port protocol="tcp" port="80"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo ' <port protocol="tcp" port="443"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo ' <port protocol="tcp" port="10200"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml
                  echo '</service>' >> /etc/firewalld/services/hs3p.xml

echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>' > /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo '<zone>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo ' <short>Public</short>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo ' <description>For use in public areas. You do not trust the other computers on networks to not harm your computer. Only selected incoming connections are accepted.</description>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo ' <service name="ssh"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo ' <service name="dhcpv6-client"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo ' <service name="hs3p"/>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml
                  echo '</zone>' >> /etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml

service firewalld restart

Your environment and base install are ready now, lets update HS3:

cd /var/local/HomeSeer
                  wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_152.tar.gz
                  tar xzvf hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_152.tar.gz

If the update is a different version by the time you read this, likely the new updates will work the same but check and of course the download file (wget) will need to be verified for your desired version as well.

You need something to automatically start the software at boot. Here is what I use for the service script (/etc/init.d/hs3p):

#! /bin/bash
                  #
                  # hs3p Start HomeSeer 3 Pro
                  #
                  # chkconfig: 2345 10 90
                  # description: Starts HomeSeer 3 Pro Server at boot and allows service control t o some extent.
                  export HS3MONO=`pidof mono`
                  export HS3SUDO=`pidof sudo`

case "$1" in
                  start)
                  cd /var/local/HomeSeer
                  ./go &
                  ;;
                  stop)
                  echo "Stopping HomeSeer"
                  kill $HS3MONO
                  kill $HS3SUDO
                  echo "Process terminated."
                  ;;
                  help)
                  echo "This service is mostly intended to start HomeSeer 3 Pro. Stopping it requires you to kill the process"
                  ;;
                  *)
                  echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|help}"
                  exit 2
                  esac

(I put the above text in /etc/init.d/hs3p using vi. After saving the file and exiting, I ran these commands

chmod +x /etc/init.d/hs3p
                  chkconfig hs3p on
                  service hs3p start

The script sends a gentle kill command, if for some reason your kill doesn't kill after a reasonable waiting period, you can change kill to kill -9 but this is harsh and not recommended. I am trying to find another way to stop the service more gently, but at the time this is as far as I have made it and has worked well without incident for some time now.
                  Last edited by officialh1; April 21, 2015, 02:39 PM. Reason: Errors corrected and added content

Comment

For the issue regarding the ./go script, was able to get up and running by following the install instructions for .149, and then updating .152 over the top. While .149 creates and copies files into the HomeSeer folder, .152 only extracts into the current directory. Other than that it was good. I did .149 from the home directory, and then extracted .152 in the HomeSeer directory.

Only issue I ran into was changing the system PW on the first screen. Although it gives you the default pw hsthsths3 to put in, it still gave me wrong password error.

Hasn't been a huge issue since everything else is working, and I'm using SSH for all the underhood stuff.

Thanks for all the previous notes that helped me work through the issues that came up!

Ken

Comment

Hi Pete, have you had any luck compiling Quatech linux drivers for Raspbian Wheezy? Lots of errors why I try to do it on my end.

Thanks in advance,
                      Craig

Comment

What is the link for downloading hs3_linux_3_0_0_163.tar.gz for linux?

Can someone from HomeSeer please just make a permanent linux download link on the HomeSeer downloads page?

I really don't like having to search through a forum just to find the latest download links.

Thanks

Comment

Updates can be found here: http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_xxx.tar.gz. replace xxx with current version. But I agree, a link on the download page would be much better. Also, I don't think these updates can be used for new installs.
                          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                            Updates can be found here: http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_xxx.tar.gz. replace xxx with current version. But I agree, a link on the download page would be much better. Also, I don't think these updates can be used for new installs.
                            Except that's not always the case (for example, 152, which was had to be extracted on top of 149). And also, then we have to guess what the number is, since it's not sequential.

Please please please, can we get a sticky with the link to the most current Linux download at a minimum??? Why isn't it just part of the Linux installation instructions? (Versus the vague "elsewhere in this forum" statement???)

Comment

Originally posted by DocKen View Post
                              For the issue regarding the ./go script, was able to get up and running by following the install instructions for .149, and then updating .152 over the top. While .149 creates and copies files into the HomeSeer folder, .152 only extracts into the current directory. Other than that it was good. I did .149 from the home directory, and then extracted .152 in the HomeSeer directory.

Only issue I ran into was changing the system PW on the first screen. Although it gives you the default pw hsthsths3 to put in, it still gave me wrong password error.

Hasn't been a huge issue since everything else is working, and I'm using SSH for all the underhood stuff.

Thanks for all the previous notes that helped me work through the issues that came up!

Ken
                              I was attempting to get a reasonable service script, that is what I meant. I have since updated the data here to be more complete. The application 'issues' I agree are annoying but mostly I have ignored them, in particular that change password issue that comes back after every service restart. I just wanted to cover the proper OS layout and application install. I consider the rest implementation.

Comment

This post is not very correct at this point. Some fixes perhaps?

-- Some of the packages are incorrect (. instead of -) and some are missing
                                -- I got it working using these:
                                sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-data-linq4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil
                                sudo apt-get install flite

--Finding the right file to install is too hard. I am still not sure my install is correct because none of this is documented
                                -- I got it working using this:
                                download
                                cd ~
                                wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz
                                tar xvf hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz
                                rm hs3_linux_3_0_0_149.tar.gz
                                cd HomeSeer
                                wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux...0_0_163.tar.gz
                                tar zxvf ~/hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_163.tar.gz
                                rm hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_163.tar.gz
                                cd ..
                                sudo mv HomeSeer /usr/local

This is just the sort of stuff that would keep someone who is new to linux from getting it to work

In addition, I had the problem when I got it running that when setting the system password, I tried hsthsths3 but it complains about it. I have not resolved this yet

Kent
                                Last edited by PosterBoy; April 29, 2015, 02:03 PM. Reason: update full download to ver 3.0.0.149

Comment

Working...
                                X