X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brmeeke View Post
    Appreciate the encouraging words...

As you described, I see the line that says "Start up complete". Next line gives me the Shutdown message and then it runs Startup.vb which states that is it connected to MyHomeSeer Service and another message that says that it is playing temp.wav. That is when it stops. I don't have any sort of GUI or anything like that.

I will let it run and see if it ever moves forward from here. Maybe it will eventually give me something more. CPU consumption at this point is 0% which is not promising.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. I know that I am very very close.

Brian
    there is no GUI, just a web interface that you access from a browser

paste 192.168.1.240 (i.e the IP of your linux machine) in the address bar of a browser running on any machine on your local network.

Comment

As Spud mentions above it will be only a web gui.

Looks like this on the top with a bunch of stuff on the bottom.
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Success!!! I have a stable HS3 running on a VM machine with Ubuntu 16.04 LT on a QNAP NAS. Thank you for all of your help.

My first plugin has been installed (MYQ) and it acknowledged that my garage door was opening. Now I need to install Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin and hope that it will communicate with my Insteon network.

Late yesterday, I tried to load my events from a backup but that did not seem to go well. I could not get back into HS3 for some reason. Need to play with it some more later today to figure out what happened. Worst case scenario is that I will rebuild my events. Not a great prospect but not the end of the world either.

Again.. I appreciate everyone's help.

Brian

Comment

Good morning

I had to make some changes to my QNAP machine. The good news is that instead of running Linux as a VM, I am running Ubuntu 1604 natively. I have HS3 installed and running. Only concern so far is that I have an error on the startup.

VBNC2017: The Library 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll" could not be found

Not sure if I need to be concerned or not. Can someone please give me some guidance? If this is a problem then what do you suggest that I should to do?

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Just checking to see if anyone has any thoughts on my Startup error.

Right now I have 2 problems. This is one of them.

The other is related to the CDM interface for Insteon which compiled but does not seem to be connecting for some reason. I will start another thread on that issue.

Thank you

Brian

Comment

HS3Pro .291 Windows to Linux Converion on Rpi3

I have Windows HS3Pro .291 and I successfully migrated this to a RPi3 running .291 Linux HS3Pro.

All the the events, devices, and Plugin settings migrated over with a few problems.

Current Date/Time: 6/11/2016 10:17:23 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291
              Linux version: Linux raspberrypi 4.4.11-v7+ #888 SMP Mon May 23 20:10:33 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 15 Minutes 49 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.0.148
              Number of Devices: 248
              Number of Events: 98
              Available Threads: 390

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.25: EasyTrigger
              3.0.0.102: HSTouch Server
              3.1.0.13: Sonos
              3.0.5961.35371: UltraGCIR3
              3.0.5959.34353: UltraM1G3
              3.0.5881.18279: UltraPioneerAVR3
              3.0.1.80: Z-Wave

root@raspberrypi:// # mono --version
              Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:34:50 UTC 2016)

root@raspberrypi:// # vbnc
              Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball)

On my old Windows machine (.291 HS3Pro) I did a backup configurations. Looking at this I see it is a .zip file with three .zips inside: config, data, scripts. Copied this the RPi3. installed HS3Linux .291 and ran it a few times. Then installed the plugins one at a time and again ran it a few times looking for any errors.

Ok the big moment, I went to Setup and restored the configuration. I ran for a bit counting up numbers I assume are the database objects it is importing. When it finished it automatically shutdowns HS.

I restarted HS3 and it started up all the plugins. Check on a browser and sure enough all the devices and events were there. Started and stopped a few times. Had to temporarily stop the Sonos plugin as that things dumps a lop of information in the terminal window making it hard to watch things.

Immediately notice the first problem is the restore did not restore anything from the scripts folder. Looking around the HS directory I can see where it copied over the HS.hsd files and the zwave database with no problem. It also seemed to copy over all the config files (.ini files from plugins) without issue but left off copying over the scripts. Looks like a bug in the Backup/Restore process.

After it shutdown from initial import, I can see where it created a RestoreConfig directory in the HomeSeer dir. (usr/local/Homeseer) It contained three sub dir with the contents of the three backup file's three .zip files. This directory disappeared on the next restart but never restored the scripts folder. I manually copied over all the scripts.

Second problem is every event that ran a script has the windows path with Linux forward slashes C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/xxxxx.vb. in the event. Another bug in the Backup/Restore. Easy enough to fix as I only have about 10 events that use a script. Fixed all the paths and all the events fire and scripts run normally now.

So the third problem is not so much a problem as it is a Linux question. I have a startup script and event scripts that opens a serial port to send controls messages to my Samsung TV. In Windows this was Com 4. In Linux I see in /devttyUSB1 for my USB to serial dongle that connectors to my TV. What do I update my script to to use ttyUSB1 instead of a number 4? Example snippet of the startup.vb:

Code:
              Dim lStatus As String
              	lStatus = hs.OpenComPort(4,"9600,n,8,1",0,"CallBack.vb","RData")
              Callback.vb

Code:
              Sub RData(data) 
              Dim ComPort As Integer = 4 
              Dim MyData As String = hs.GetComPortData(Comport) 
              hs.writelog("SamsungTV data",MyData) 
              end sub
              And event script:

Code:
              Sub Main(ByVal Data As String)  
                  Dim MyHexString As String  
                  If Data = "On" then 
                       MyHexString="08 22 00 00 00 02 d4" 
                  elseif Data = "Off" then 
                       MyHexString="08 22 00 00 00 01 d5" 
                  elseif Data ="HDMI1+" then 
                       MyHexString="08 22 00 00 05 00 c7" 
                  else 
                      hs.writelog ("Samsung_TV","Sorry the command sent is not understood") 
                      exit sub 
                  end if 
                  SendHex(MyHexString)  
              end sub  

Sub SendHex(ByVal MyHexString As String)  

Dim HexS() As String  
              Dim I As Integer  

HexS = MyHexString.Split(" ")  
              Dim data(HexS.length) As byte  
              For I = 0 To HexS.length-1  
                  data(I)=CLng("&h" & HexS(I))  
                  hs.sendtocomport (Comport,Chr(Data(I)))  
              Next  

end sub
              All are examples I hacked together from forums posting examples but it works and I can control my Samy over serial.

Sorry for such a long posting but was excited to finally get the Rpi3 up on Linux and migrate over the database from a Windows setup.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                I have Windows HS3Pro .291 and I successfully migrated this to a RPi3 running .291 Linux HS3Pro.

All the the events, devices, and Plugin settings migrated over with a few problems.

Current Date/Time: 6/11/2016 10:17:23 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291
                Linux version: Linux raspberrypi 4.4.11-v7+ #888 SMP Mon May 23 20:10:33 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 15 Minutes 49 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.0.148
                Number of Devices: 248
                Number of Events: 98
                Available Threads: 390

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.25: EasyTrigger
                3.0.0.102: HSTouch Server
                3.1.0.13: Sonos
                3.0.5961.35371: UltraGCIR3
                3.0.5959.34353: UltraM1G3
                3.0.5881.18279: UltraPioneerAVR3
                3.0.1.80: Z-Wave

root@raspberrypi:// # mono --version
                Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:34:50 UTC 2016)

root@raspberrypi:// # vbnc
                Visual Basic.Net Compiler version 0.0.0.5943 (Mono 4.0.1 - tarball)

On my old Windows machine (.291 HS3Pro) I did a backup configurations. Looking at this I see it is a .zip file with three .zips inside: config, data, scripts. Copied this the RPi3. installed HS3Linux .291 and ran it a few times. Then installed the plugins one at a time and again ran it a few times looking for any errors.

Ok the big moment, I went to Setup and restored the configuration. I ran for a bit counting up numbers I assume are the database objects it is importing. When it finished it automatically shutdowns HS.

I restarted HS3 and it started up all the plugins. Check on a browser and sure enough all the devices and events were there. Started and stopped a few times. Had to temporarily stop the Sonos plugin as that things dumps a lop of information in the terminal window making it hard to watch things.

Immediately notice the first problem is the restore did not restore anything from the scripts folder. Looking around the HS directory I can see where it copied over the HS.hsd files and the zwave database with no problem. It also seemed to copy over all the config files (.ini files from plugins) without issue but left off copying over the scripts. Looks like a bug in the Backup/Restore process.

After it shutdown from initial import, I can see where it created a RestoreConfig directory in the HomeSeer dir. (usr/local/Homeseer) It contained three sub dir with the contents of the three backup file's three .zip files. This directory disappeared on the next restart but never restored the scripts folder. I manually copied over all the scripts.

Second problem is every event that ran a script has the windows path with Linux forward slashes C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/xxxxx.vb. in the event. Another bug in the Backup/Restore. Easy enough to fix as I only have about 10 events that use a script. Fixed all the paths and all the events fire and scripts run normally now.

So the third problem is not so much a problem as it is a Linux question. I have a startup script and event scripts that opens a serial port to send controls messages to my Samsung TV. In Windows this was Com 4. In Linux I see in /devttyUSB1 for my USB to serial dongle that connectors to my TV. What do I update my script to to use ttyUSB1 instead of a number 4? Example snippet of the startup.vb:

Code:
                Dim lStatus As String
                	lStatus = hs.OpenComPort(4,"9600,n,8,1",0,"CallBack.vb","RData")
                Callback.vb

Code:
                Sub RData(data) 
                Dim MyData As String = hs.GetComPortData(Comport) 
                hs.writelog("SamsungTV data",MyData) 
                end sub
                And event script:

Code:
                Sub Main(ByVal Data As String)  
                    Dim MyHexString As String  
                    If Data = "On" then 
                    elseif Data = "Off" then 
                    else 
                        hs.writelog ("Samsung_TV","Sorry the command sent is not understood") 
                        exit sub 
                    end if 
                    SendHex(MyHexString)  
                end sub  

Sub SendHex(ByVal MyHexString As String)  

Dim HexS() As String  
                Dim I As Integer  

HexS = MyHexString.Split(" ")  
                Dim data(HexS.length) As byte  
                For I = 0 To HexS.length-1  
                    data(I)=CLng("&h" & HexS(I))  
                    hs.sendtocomport (Comport,Chr(Data(I)))  
                Next  

end sub
                All are examples I hacked together from forums posting examples but it works and I can control my Samy over serial.

Sorry for such a long posting but was excited to finally get the Rpi3 up on Linux and migrate over the database from a Windows setup.
                None of the HS COM port commands were ever upgraded for Linux so you are a bit screwed in this regard. You either have to manually create the port using System.Io.ports or might be able to use drules plugin.

I did report this as a bug here - http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1457
                Last edited by mrhappy; June 12, 2016, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I will give the IP/Serial plugin another go. Previously it would crash on my Windows machine and hang the event engine in HS. That is when I when I went looking for example scripts to send out some quick serial strings. Maybe it will work better on Linux.

Comment

Thanks. I will give the IP/Serial plugin another go. Previously it would crash on my Windows machine and hang the event engine in HS. That is when I when I went looking for example scripts to send out some quick serial strings. Maybe it will work better on Linux.

I don't think that the IP/Serial plugin will solve the Linux serial port problem, but it does work in Linux and you could potentially use a serial to IP server. I have a Vlinx 4 port serial server for that purpose.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Was just getting ready to install plugin. Does it allow a com port /dev/ttyusb2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone tried a symlink as a workaround for this issue?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/.../symlinks.html

Comment

Originally posted by brmeeke View Post
                          Just checking to see if anyone has any thoughts on my Startup error.

Right now I have 2 problems. This is one of them.

The other is related to the CDM interface for Insteon which compiled but does not seem to be connecting for some reason. I will start another thread on that issue.

Thank you

Brian
                          Try:

Code:
                          sudo apt-get install libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil

Comment

Was just getting ready to install plugin. Does it allow a com port /dev/ttyusb2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just tried and it does not have options for a serial connection under Linux.

Comment

I am using the symlink thing here for my Cumulus RPi2 doing the Davis Vantage Pro 2..../dev/DavisVP

USB serial comm ports are ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, ttyUSB3 ....
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                I am using the symlink thing here for my Cumulus RPi2 doing the Davis Vantage Pro 2..../dev/DavisVP

USB serial comm ports are ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, ttyUSB3 ....
                                Is there any way to use Drules IP/Serial Plugin with serial ports? Under Linux it shows TCP, UDP, HTTP for connections. No option for a Linux serial port /dev/ttyUSB1 where my USB to Serial dongle is plugged in. I just need to send my TV a ON and OFF command string to complete my Linux RPi3 setup. Bad news that hs.sendtocomport is not supported under Linux and I am a noob on scripting and C# or System.IO.Ports I see mentioned. I found a thread discussing this but among plugin authors.

Does anybody have an example script in Linux that can send a couple of hex strings out of a serial port. I do not need any sort of call back just a simple send that I can tweak into an event to control the TV. Might even be able to do this with a bash script. More google researching to do.

Snippet of the VB script I was using in windows:
                                Code:
                                If Data = "On" then 
                                    elseif Data = "Off" then 

Comment

Working...
                                X