• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by connoleg View Post
    dont believe its blocked, i tried 9001 as well

docker ps gives :> 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp portainer

thanks
    Gary
    Just to confirm, you are using your NAS IP and not the IP for the HomeSeer container?

Comment

yep NAS ip

Comment

Updated Docker Container for HomeSeer should work now with updated instructions.
        Last edited by FastFreddi; March 17, 2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

yep NAS ip
          I'm not sure why it's not working.

Comment

yep NAS ip
            Just to confirm, you have uninstalled or deactivated the Synology Docker package, installed and successfully started the "Docker Unofficial" package before attempting to start Portainer?

Comment

I love that this concept has been made a reality. Much kudos to FastFreddi.

EDIT 9/23/2017 If anyone is having trouble getting the scheduled task to run on boot, and manually running from the task scheduler is fine, but when the synology reboots not so much I enabled output recording under settings, pointing output to a dedicated directory under /tmp (volume1)

Script is shown below. Seems that without sleep, only portainer will start, which may be something timing related.

Code:
              #!/bin/sh
              sleep 15
              echo "Starting docker portainer"
              docker start portainer
              sleep 15
              echo "Starting docker Syno-HomeSeer"
              docker start Syno-HomeSeer
              sleep 15
              echo "Script exiting"
              After reboots HomeSeer appears to start up just fine. I will continue to monitor.

On a seperate note, I was able to access portainer via the web UI, but after a reboot and a 'docker start portainer' starts fine but cannot be accessed any more. Not sure what to make of that.

Code:
              root@diskstation-1:~# docker ps
              CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                         COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
              8126cbbbe34e        portainer/portainer                           "/portainer"        5 days ago          Up 2 minutes        0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp   portainer
              782e4e9c02b2        fastfreddi/ubuntu-baseimage-homeseer:latest   "/sbin/my_init"     5 days ago          Up 2 minutes                                 Syno-HomeSeer
              Last edited by jjwatmyself; September 23, 2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what the issue is with Portainer web GUI, I can't reproduce it.
                As for HomeSeer restart on reboot, I think the easiest way to make it happen is to use

docker run -it -d --net=pub_net --ip=10.0.3.2 --device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 \
                --name=Syno-HomeSeer --restart always fastfreddi/ubuntu-baseimage-homeseer:latest

instead of --restart on-failure when creating the container.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFreddi View Post
                  I'm not sure what the issue is with Portainer web GUI, I can't reproduce it.
                  As for HomeSeer restart on reboot, I think the easiest way to make it happen is to use

docker run -it -d --net=pub_net --ip=10.0.3.2 --device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 \
                  --name=Syno-HomeSeer --restart always fastfreddi/ubuntu-baseimage-homeseer:latest

instead of --restart on-failure when creating the container.
                  Sorry for the delayed reply, I didn't see the email notification of your message.

portainer has been running but I'm still unable to access via the web UI since the first reboot. I also turned off Windows firewall to see if there was some blocking and no luck

Code:
                  root@diskstation-1:~# docker ps
                  CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                         COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
                  8126cbbbe34e        portainer/portainer                           "/portainer"        4 weeks ago         Up 14 minutes       0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp   portainer
                  782e4e9c02b2        fastfreddi/ubuntu-baseimage-homeseer:latest   "/sbin/my_init"     4 weeks ago         Up 8 minutes                                 Syno-HomeSeer
                  Regarding, the tweak in creating the docker container, and excuse the noob question, if I already have the container and don't want to nuke all my work to configure Homeseer, what additional steps do I take to preserve my Homeseer? You could say that the docker training wheels are still on for me.

Otherwise, I'm loving the ability to run on my Synology and thanks for sharing all the hard work. Eliminating dedicated hardware is a major win.

Comment

Ok try
                    Code:
                    docker commit Syno-HomeSeer Private-homeseer:v1
                    then
                    Code:
                    --name=Syno-HomeSeer-Private --restart always Private-homeseer:v1
                    If docker commit Syno-HomeSeer Private-homeseer:v1 does not work,
                    you may need to add docker commit Syno-HomeSeer fastfreddi/Private-homeseer:v1 or something similar.

If all works, then you can delete your original container

Comment

Will this work on a DS718+

I am ready to try if you think this will work on a DS 718+. It has an Intel J3455 Apollo Lake CPU.
                      Are there any issues with running plugins. I am running with Invisalink,ecobee, weatherstation, and open sprinkler plugins.

Comment

Does the 718+ support Virtual Machines? if so i have my DS916+ and another 918+ running HomeSeer on Windows 10 vmms with usb 3.0 passthrough with rfxcom, bluetooth and zwave and its flawless!

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                          Does the 718+ support Virtual Machines? if so i have my DS916+ and another 918+ running HomeSeer on Windows 10 vmms with usb 3.0 passthrough with rfxcom, bluetooth and zwave and its flawless!
                          Are you running HS3 on Docker or the new VMM?

Comment

new VMM, i played with docker and never liked it if i recall i had nightmare issues with lan settings

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I am running FreePBX and the Unifi Controller software on VMs on my Syno DS916+. Very happy with this, though having a dedicated VM for each is somewhat overkill. Plenty of resources on the NAS though.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

DS718+

DS718+ does support VMM. Thanks for the suggestion. I've upgraded to 10GB of RAM so now I'll go learn a new skill installing WIN10 on the virtual machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X