HS3 Linux build 3.0.0.83 is available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Linux build 3.0.0.83 is available

HS3 for Linux build 3.0.0.83 is available for download. See the Linux installation thread for instructions on installing.

See the HS3 Release thread for a change list.

ftp://homeseer.com/pub/hs3_linux_3_0_0_83.tar.gz
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Z-WAVE .134 cannot install on linux .83

Updated linux version to 83 with success

Z-Wave plugin .109 does work, but when I try to download and install version Z-Wave BETA 3.0.0.134 I get FATAL errors.
    I noticed after the update invalid Z-Wave subfolders in /usr/local/HomeSeer

Bin/Z-Wave instead bin/Z-Wave

Comment

I have been running 3.0.0.83 Linux for about three days now and it really looks good for me even with Z-Wave 3.0.0.60. I could not get .109 nor .134 to initialize my Z-Wave interface however 3.0.0.60 has not misbehaved. Have not seen any "Unknowns" and my door lock batteries do not have to be removed and re-installed after a HS restart like before to get rid of the Unknown. After reading Rick's explanation of Z-Wave devices I noticed that all of my Jasco devices are 4.54 firmware, my Thermostat is 4.52 and my door locks are 5.02.3 patch 3. I now understand why different people see different results on their HS system.

Thanks Rick for the detailed response about Z-wave.

Rich, this release looks really good. I no longer lose device images and all functions seem to work well in my Linux environment.

Bob

Comment

About 1 day from my last post I started having numerous "Unknowns" on my devices and scripts were running very slow. When I checked the server I discovered that the CPU was running at 100% on both cores and memory was at 75%. The top cpu user's were Firefox and Mountall. I had accidentally left Firefox running and minimized with HS3 Device page selected, not a good idea. Mountall was apparently a leftover from my last system update and reboot. Killed Mountall and exited Firefox and all appears to be good now. I thought I would report this as it does seem to show that because the system was slow it could not service my devices properly. Hope this helps someone.

Bob

Comment

high CPU usage for firefox

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
          When I checked the server I discovered that the CPU was running at 100% on both cores and memory was at 75%. The top cpu user's were Firefox and Mountall. I had accidentally left Firefox running and minimized with HS3 Device page selected, not a good idea.
          I have noticed as well very high CPU usage for firefox when going to the device management page, even if I filter to only display a couple of devices.
          It also occurs on some other pages, but not all of them. It doesn't happen with Chrome.
          I think it's something new to version 3.0.0.8x because I have always used firefox and I have never noticed such a high CPU usage before last week.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will try Chrome. I should not have left Firefox minimized on the Devices Page but things happen. I know people attempting to get onto my weather service were not happy.

Comment

Working...
            X