Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwikset and managed transition to HS3 from HS2 - working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version of the z-wave plugin are you using?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I am running 3.0.0.172.

Late last night I restored the original HS3 security key, re-scanned both locks. No errors were observed. Locks are now motorized. I had to re-setup my lock security codes, but that's all I had to do.

I was a bit mislead regarding the devicestring issue. I expected the Z-Wave Notification node to have a devicestring value that I could retreive (a feature I RELIED upon in HS2!!!!). But I see the device only has a value.

So please people tell me if I'm crazy, but the only way to retreive the "Locked by Button" text is to create a device value mapping table in a script and match it with device value 17?? If this is the case, then how are we supposed to get the User Code if the lock is unlocked by the keypad?
      Mike

Comment

Are you guys refering to the line in the settings file that says:

[zwave]
        key=*********************

So i replace the number that's in the zwave file with the number from hs2?

Just wanted to confirm before I screw something up.
        Tks
        HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
          Are you guys refering to the line in the settings file that says:

[zwave]
          key=*********************

So i replace the number that's in the zwave file with the number from hs2?

Just wanted to confirm before I screw something up.
          Tks
          Hi Mario,

correct, but make a backup copy of zwave.ini first.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Worked after a restart...thanks.
            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Hi all,

Here's how to do it (with help from Rich):
              1. Stop z-wave plugin in HS3.
              2. Copy the security key from the HS2 settings.ini file to the z-wave.ini file in HS3.
              3. Restart the z-wave plugin in HS3.
              4. Rescan the locks in HS3

Cheers
              Al
              Thank you!!
              You're a lifesaver!!

I wonder if this is listed in any of the documentaries?? They should!
              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                Thank you!!
                You're a lifesaver!!

I wonder if this is listed in any of the documentaries?? They should!
                You're welcome. I don't believe these instructions are anywhere else. I agree, they should be in the HS2 to HS3 migration documentation.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

So what happens if I didnt make a back up copy of my zwave ini and this didn't work? Like an idiot I didn't copy the original security key anywhere else...

Frustration and impatience got the better of me...
                  Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                    So what happens if I didnt make a back up copy of my zwave ini and this didn't work? Like an idiot I didn't copy the original security key anywhere else...

Frustration and impatience got the better of me...
                    If you have no other secure devices, or added any secure devices in HS3 prior to trying this, then it doesn’t really matter. I’d just leave the HS2 key in the file.

Comment

Working...
                    X