Upgrading on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading on Linux

I'm currently running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Linux)

What is the procedure to update to the latest 3.0.0.208?
    Do I just install on top of the current .149 install?

Thanks

Has anyone upgraded their Linux HS3 installation?

I can't find any documentation on how to upgrade Linux, if there is any can you point me to it?

Comment

This is the way I have been doing it.

Download the special update version of the update into the HomeSeer folder

wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz

Then simply extract the contents over your current files.

tar zxvf hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_208.tar.gz

Of course, backup your entire HomeSeer folder before you start.

Comment

Ok thank you.
        So no special steps to preserve the existing configurations/database files?

Comment

Shouldn't need anything special but I wouldn't ever proceed without a full backup.

Comment

Backup is just a directory copy without HS3 running.

The update extract is different between the Zee-2 and the standard Linux build.

The Zee-2 update in the HS3 directory updates the files in same said directory.

The generic Linux update writes to a HomeSeer directory. IE: if you extract it inside of the directory it creates another HomeSeer directory. If just outside it will update the HomeSeer directory.

Have a look at the updatehs.sh on the standard linux build and give it a try manually.

sudo rm hs3_linux_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz
            sudo wget hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz
            sudo tar xavf hs3_linux_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz *
            sudo chmod +x install.sh
            sudo ./install.sh

Here is the same updatehs.sh on the Zee-2

sudo rm hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz
            sudo rm hs3linuxhs3zees2.txt
            sudo wget hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3linuxhs3zees2.txt
            sudo wget hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz
            sum=`md5sum hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz | awk '{print $1}'`
            echo $sum
            sudo tar xavf hslinux_zees2_3_0_0_$1.tar.gz
            sudo chmod +x install.sh
            sudo ./install.sh

Note too the default installation directory for Linux Homeseer 3 is /usr/local/HomeSeer.

The Zee-2 has a check and update button that I assume works if you keep the HST directory implementation. The HS3 for Linux build does not have a check and update button on it so it is a manual effort.

The Linux Hometroller HS3 also has a check and update button relating to updating Homeseer 3.

The above is relating to my experience and may not be the correct way to do this.

If I have written this incorrectly please let me know.

Attached are pictures using Ubuntu view of the files for the Zee-2 and the standard build.

Note that the Zee-2 are just updating files where as the Linux gz files are a complete set of what you need to run HS3 in Linux.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; October 20, 2015, 10:19 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

That might have been the case previously Pete, but it doesn't seem to be true anymore. . .

Unless I am getting the wrong updater, it seems that this week I found that the update no longer seems to be extracting to a folder, but instead to the current structure. And as far as I know, there are two linux files. . .the ones with everything and the update files. . .it seems you might have the explanation for the full install. . .would be nice to have a way to use a automated script, but I hadn't tried yet.

Also, it seems I got the update button with this last rebuild. . .that I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Thank you Matthew.

Yeah here updated the Zee-2 to V.208 and left it there while I downgraded the big box from V.208 back to V.205 hours after the initial update.

Way back a few versions I did accidently download the Hometroller Linux version which did have an update button and different update file.

Can you please post the two links you are referring to. IE: update and entire Linux HS3 package.

Here is the name of the file that I used which Rich had posted the link for when I updated to V.208.

hs3_linux_3_0_0_208.tar.gz

Also, it seems I got the update button with this last rebuild. . .that I hadn't seen before.

Is this for version 208? I kept a backup of it on the big box.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@Matthew...

I see the difference now in names. Same directory and different names.

Updater HS3 for Linux file is called:

hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_208.tar.gz (little file)

and is here:

hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hslinux_hs3_3_0_0_208.tar.gz

Updated Linux HS3 build file is called:

hs3_linux_3_0_0_208.tar.gz (big file)

hxxp://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_208.tar.gz
                  Last edited by Pete; October 20, 2015, 11:26 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                  X