Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vDevices able to... multiple values, momentary, group toggle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vDevices able to... multiple values, momentary, group toggle ?

Hoping there is something like this in Homeseer. Thanks in advance for your help!

Single vDevice that can both control and status multiple items. In Vera I did this because MultiSwitch devices allowed me to did it efficiently using these features (no scripting needed)...

'Radio Button' type toggle groups - when one is selected, all others turn off. Ability for Make/Break or Break/Make change order

Momentary toggle - when a control is selected, it turns on for a second, then automatically turns off (timeout is configurable)

Examples of real use cases below (Radio Button, Momentary, and Groups can all be done in the same, single, device in Vera)

Occupancy...
    Control and Status of ANY/ALL: Family, Guest, Sitter, Cleaner, etc

House Modes...
    Control & Status with 'Grouping' multiple values like they are Radio Buttons. When one is selected ON, the rest automatically turned off.

Group 1 - radio buttons
    Home, Stay, Away, Sitter, Vacation

Group 2 - radio button
    Cleaner, Spa, Late Night

Garage Door... vDevice uses Momentary (Pulse) type buttons which act just like real garage door remotes

AFAIK the only way to handle multiple characteristics together in HS is with a device group. The example below is of an audio zone on my Russound system. In this case the device group is constructed by the BLRussound plug-in.
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      AFAIK the only way to handle multiple characteristics together in HS is with a device group. The example below is of an audio zone on my Russound system. In this case the device group is constructed by the BLRussound plug-in.
      Do you mean Jon00 Dev Group plugin?... does not do anything with device properties at all - it is pure web page display. Doesn't do anything for events or scripts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

The multisiwtch is just one Vera device with a bunch of virtual devices in it. That's useful for Vera because each device takes up memory, a commodity that Vera is markedly lacking in. Why not just create multiple virtual devices? You can have one virtual device with more than two states but not one virtual device with multiple virtual devices in it. Honestly I'm not sure why one would require that. You could create a separate Room and fill it with your virtual devices for organizational purposes........ if you're the kind of person who uses the HS3 dashboard for..... well..... anything. Personally that is one of the least viewed screens for me. I have little use for it on the whole.

This thread will explain it all: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...29#post1248729
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          The multisiwtch is just one Vera device with a bunch of virtual devices in it. That's useful for Vera because each device takes up memory, a commodity that Vera is markedly lacking in. Why not just create multiple virtual devices? You can have one virtual device with more than two states but not one virtual device with multiple virtual devices in it. Honestly I'm not sure why one would require that. You could create a separate Room and fill it with your virtual devices for organizational purposes........ if you're the kind of person who uses the HS3 dashboard for..... well..... anything. Personally that is one of the least viewed screens for me. I have little use for it on the whole.

This thread will explain it all: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...29#post1248729
          Value of Vera's MultiSwitch is the built-in logic with the all-in-one gui (for display on mobile devices, not web).

I understand Homeseer's vDevices have 'Radio Button' functionality, e.g. multiple option but only 1 state for the device.

What I'm not seeing is...

Multi-state vDevice (this is fine, no issue using multiple vDevices)

Momentary Switch (aka pulse) -- useful for mimicking how real remotes work - like garage door openers

How can I add Momentary Switch functionality?
          Can an Event have a response this fast/granular? e.g. Change vDevice back to False, 1 second after being True

thx for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
            Do you mean Jon00 Dev Group plugin?
            No.

What I mean is that it is possible to create a group of related devices: a "root" device and its "progeny". It's used by some plug-ins, but I have never tried to create a device group. An excerpt from the HS Help file below describes the Relationship property.

If your devices are created by a plug-in, then the plug-in author may be able to provide more insight for the specific case you are interested in.
            Attached Files
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              Can an Event have a response this fast/granular? e.g. Change vDevice back to False, 1 second after being True

thx for the help!

Absolutely!

IF whatever your trigger is

THEN turn virtual device on

THEN wait 1 second

Then turn virtual device off
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                Absolutely!

IF whatever your trigger is

THEN turn virtual device on

THEN wait 1 second

Then turn virtual device off

Exactly what I do for my garage door openers.
                cheeryfool

Comment

I use a Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Module to control my gate
                  Attached Files
                  HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                  Number of Devices: 1005
                  Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
                  X