Virtual Device to a Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Virtual Device be assigned to a group association.
    I have a Dual Relay Device that has manual over ride switches. I want to be able to determined if the relay has been turned on by the manual switches. The manual switches trigger group 2 (relay 1) and group 3 (relay 2). If the relays are controlled by software it reports to group 1 which was assigned when the relay was included.
    I want to make two Virtual Devices (on/Off status) one for each switch so that when the manual switches are used then I can tell and write my events accordingly.

You can do iT with a script.

If u have a virtual device with ( on ). iT triggers and enable a whole goup. Is that what u want?

Originally posted by doctorpd View Post
    Can a Virtual Device be assigned to a group association.

I have a Dual Relay Device that has manual over ride switches. I want to be able to determined if the relay has been turned on by the manual switches. The manual switches trigger group 2 (relay 1) and group 3 (relay 2). If the relays are controlled by software it reports to group 1 which was assigned when the relay was included.

I want to make two Virtual Devices (on/Off status) one for each switch so that when the manual switches are used then I can tell and write my events accordingly.

Sended from far far away
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

What I am looking for is to have the Parent's Group 2 or Group 3 trigger the Virtual Device's statuts.
      When I go into the Parents group associations the Virtual Device is not listed for me to select.

Comment

Aah now i understand , did u select status device in The virtual device?
        Just unselect iT and iT should be visible

Sended from far far away
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorpd View Post
          What I am looking for is to have the Parent's Group 2 or Group 3 trigger the Virtual Device's statuts.
          When I go into the Parents group associations the Virtual Device is not listed for me to select.
          Associations only work for real z-wave devices. An association tells one device to signal another directly. HS is not involved in the sending of those packets, only the configuration of the association. You would need other events to detect the change and update the virtual device.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X