Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto discovered Camera's are NOT usable in HSTouch despite what the user guide says!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Auto discovered Camera's are NOT usable in HSTouch despite what the user guide says!

    According to the user manual for HSTouch you can use the auto discovered cameras, but this is not the case.

    Here is what the manual says.

    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

    Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

  • #2
    When you create the screen with the name specified, the camera picker does not appear as the manual says it should.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

    Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

    Comment


    • #3
      I spent a considerable amount of time trying to use the "Auto Discovered" cameras in my project. I gave up.
      This only seems to work in the default project. Even copying those screens from the default project into my project proved futile. At the time, no-one on the forum was able to assist.
      To be fair, I didn't bother dealing with Support. It was simply easier to include the Camera URLs manually in my project, as I'd always done.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        I spent a considerable amount of time trying to use the "Auto Discovered" cameras in my project. I gave up.
        This only seems to work in the default project. Even copying those screens from the default project into my project proved futile. At the time, no-one on the forum was able to assist.
        To be fair, I didn't bother dealing with Support. It was simply easier to include the Camera URLs manually in my project, as I'd always done.
        I'd do that as well but I can't get the camera that I want to make visible to allow my credentials in the url. Issue being that my camera is only visible either using the auto discovered HS3 method and only currently with HomeSeer Mobile. This is because my cam requires flash and credentials. :/

        Very frustrating. Seems like if HomeSeer Mobile works then HSTouch should. If only it worked like the instructions state.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

        Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
          If only it worked like the instructions state.
          A common refrain with things HS

          It's likely a matter of finding the correct URL.
          Unfortunately that can be a challenge.

          There is a program called iSpy which may help.

          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

            A common refrain with things HS

            It's likely a matter of finding the correct URL.
            Unfortunately that can be a challenge.

            There is a program called iSpy which may help.
            I've been all through that site. I have an open dialog with support at the moment, lets see how that pans out.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

            Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

            Comment


            • #7
              There is an Open Source ONVIF Device Manager that might give you the URLs as well. It's been a while since I've used it, but it will auto-detect ONVIF cams on your network.
              Hope this helps.
              HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
              64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
              UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
              Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                There is an Open Source ONVIF Device Manager that might give you the URLs as well. It's been a while since I've used it, but it will auto-detect ONVIF cams on your network.
                Hope this helps.
                Cool I'll check that out.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

                Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  There is an Open Source ONVIF Device Manager that might give you the URLs as well. It's been a while since I've used it, but it will auto-detect ONVIF cams on your network.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Hello, I used Open Source ONVIF Device Manager to capture URL of my webcam INGENIC-V01 ipcam100, and the url is http://192.168.xx.xx/onvif/device_service but if I give this URL in the netCam config in the "NETCAM" plugin in the Homeseer, the device don't work.
                  Help

                  Massimo-RenderCAD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post

                    Hello, I used Open Source ONVIF Device Manager to capture URL of my webcam INGENIC-V01 ipcam100, and the url is http://192.168.xx.xx/onvif/device_service but if I give this URL in the netCam config in the "NETCAM" plugin in the Homeseer, the device don't work.
                    Help

                    Massimo-RenderCAD
                    Does it work in a browser? It's possible that is just a service URL instead of the live video URL...
                    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I opened a service request with Homeseer a few weeks ago, got 2 responses that I answered and then they just flat out disappeared. Since then they've ignored me. And it's a huge slap in the face that they would do that and then try to sell me their branded cameras. Never cease to disappoint. :|
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

                      Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X