Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto discovered Camera's are NOT usable in HSTouch despite what the user guide says!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto discovered Camera's are NOT usable in HSTouch despite what the user guide says!

According to the user manual for HSTouch you can use the auto discovered cameras, but this is not the case.

Here is what the manual says.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

When you create the screen with the name specified, the camera picker does not appear as the manual says it should.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to use the "Auto Discovered" cameras in my project. I gave up.
      This only seems to work in the default project. Even copying those screens from the default project into my project proved futile. At the time, no-one on the forum was able to assist.
      To be fair, I didn't bother dealing with Support. It was simply easier to include the Camera URLs manually in my project, as I'd always done.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        I spent a considerable amount of time trying to use the "Auto Discovered" cameras in my project. I gave up.
        This only seems to work in the default project. Even copying those screens from the default project into my project proved futile. At the time, no-one on the forum was able to assist.
        To be fair, I didn't bother dealing with Support. It was simply easier to include the Camera URLs manually in my project, as I'd always done.
        I'd do that as well but I can't get the camera that I want to make visible to allow my credentials in the url. Issue being that my camera is only visible either using the auto discovered HS3 method and only currently with HomeSeer Mobile. This is because my cam requires flash and credentials. :/

Very frustrating. Seems like if HomeSeer Mobile works then HSTouch should. If only it worked like the instructions state.

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
          If only it worked like the instructions state.
          A common refrain with things HS

It's likely a matter of finding the correct URL.
          Unfortunately that can be a challenge.

There is a program called iSpy which may help.

Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post

A common refrain with things HS

It's likely a matter of finding the correct URL.
            Unfortunately that can be a challenge.

There is a program called iSpy which may help.
            I've been all through that site. I have an open dialog with support at the moment, lets see how that pans out.

Comment

There is an Open Source ONVIF Device Manager that might give you the URLs as well. It's been a while since I've used it, but it will auto-detect ONVIF cams on your network.
              Hope this helps.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                There is an Open Source ONVIF Device Manager that might give you the URLs as well. It's been a while since I've used it, but it will auto-detect ONVIF cams on your network.
                Hope this helps.
                Cool I'll check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Hope this helps.
                  Hello, I used Open Source ONVIF Device Manager to capture URL of my webcam INGENIC-V01 ipcam100, and the url is http://192.168.xx.xx/onvif/device_service but if I give this URL in the netCam config in the "NETCAM" plugin in the Homeseer, the device don't work.
                  Help

Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post

Hello, I used Open Source ONVIF Device Manager to capture URL of my webcam INGENIC-V01 ipcam100, and the url is http://192.168.xx.xx/onvif/device_service but if I give this URL in the netCam config in the "NETCAM" plugin in the Homeseer, the device don't work.
                    Help

Massimo-RenderCAD
                    Does it work in a browser? It's possible that is just a service URL instead of the live video URL...
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I opened a service request with Homeseer a few weeks ago, got 2 responses that I answered and then they just flat out disappeared. Since then they've ignored me. And it's a huge slap in the face that they would do that and then try to sell me their branded cameras. Never cease to disappoint. :|

Comment

Working...
                      X