Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Android Tablet w/ Available Wall Mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note the Android version is 4. Most android apps ask for minimum 4 or 5+ as the version. Spending almost 300 bucks and then shortly after not being supported can be a pain.

I purchased the Nuvo P30 tablet (runs Android 5). Love it, easy to mount, POE built in.

The two big problems
    1. Not every APP recognizes POE network connectivity and it does have wifi
    2. Its a little Laggy
    3. No OS updates

My next plan is to get as new as I can afford Asus or Samsung which seems to be relatively easy to get wall mounts. At least for the next few years the OS will be updated, supported and secure

Comment

Ordered one of these 7"ers with PoE and the in wall mount.

http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-Wal...FC-GK-Q896.htm

Higher resolution than the 9" and Android 6 instead of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by nufun View Post
        Note the Android version is 4. Most android apps ask for minimum 4 or 5+ as the version. Spending almost 300 bucks and then shortly after not being supported can be a pain.

I purchased the Nuvo P30 tablet (runs Android 5). Love it, easy to mount, POE built in.

The two big problems
        1. Not every APP recognizes POE network connectivity and it does have wifi
        2. Its a little Laggy
        3. No OS updates

My next plan is to get as new as I can afford Asus or Samsung which seems to be relatively easy to get wall mounts. At least for the next few years the OS will be updated, supported and secure
        Saw that and the lower resolution so went with the 7".
        I'm looking for an in wall for WAF to replace an Omni 5.7e.
        If it works well, ill probably replace the others.

Comment

When you get it, please post some pics and your feedback. Looking to add more myself. Spent the day converting from ImperiHome to HStouch. Its not too bad once you get the hang of how things work....

Comment

Thought I would pass on my experience with this company (geekland.co). Specifically, I ordered the 9" Android tablet(https://www.geekland.co/9-Android-Po...?categoryId=-1). I understood about the lower version of Android but as my entire use was going to be for HSTouch and it doesn't require a very high version of Android, I was fine with it. I ordered it with PoE support, internal battery and Wi-Fi options and as a surface mount.

After I ordered, I got a confirmation of the order as expected. Then a month went by with no updates. I sent an email asking what the status was of the order. No response. A few days later I tried again and got a response from the private Yahoo account of someone named Chandu Gudipalley who I presume works for them.

Chandu indicated it had been shipped out a few days before. He took the time to ask me what I was planning to use it for and I told him HS3. He reminded me it was only Android 4.2 and wasn't sure if that was enough, asked if I had tried a different HA system. I told him I'd checked the version support and was comfortable it would work and waited for it to arrive.

Eventually it arrived. It was in a very simple box without much padding but it arrived undamaged. Not much in the box but the unit and basic mounting plate. No documents or other papers. There were two cable pigtails hanging off the back, one for PoE and one for DC power input. No AC/DC power adapter included. I will say both of these seemed pretty flimsy and could be damaged easily if used much. Maybe OK if it is just mounted and left alone but I didn't think things were very solid or robustly constructed.

I had a compatible PoE adapter from an Engenius access point that I tried to use. No sign of life. I contacted Chandu as he seemed to be the only person who responded from the company. He was no help. The next day I tried a DC adapter I had and plugged it into the unit. It immediately lit up and started working. I was able to boot it up, install HSTouch, load my screens and control my system. It all worked fine. I left it plugged in for a while (at least an hour) but when I pulled the power connection, it died immediately (no battery apparently). There was a compartment on the back that might have been for the battery. I opened it and it was empty.

I contacted Chandu again and asked what to do. At this point I didn't feel like I had received what I ordered. PoE didn't work and it didn't seem to have the battery I paid for. Not very responsive again and then a few days later I get a return shipping label. No explanation, just a return shipping label (with my name misspelled). I asked Chandu if I was returning it for a refund or what.

He eventually answered they needed to look at it and see if it was broken for the power connection for PoE. Never got an answer (despite me asking many times) what the story was about the battery. I sent it back in and didn't hear any more about it for several days.

Eventually I emailed Chandu again and asked for status. No response for a couple of days so I informed them they should keep the unit and I would be disputing the charge with my CC company (which I did). Never got any response or acknowledgment to this day.

While the product basically worked, I cannot recommend in any way working with these guys. They seem to be a pretty thin company that is probably just ordering stuff from China and reselling it here without any real presence here. Support was nonexistent and they don't seem to care if they ship the wrong things or have dissatisfied customers. The Web site seems like just a front for some guy working at home as I never got any email or contact from anyone under the company's domain, just his Yahoo acct. This experience dragged on from 1/21 to 4/3/18. Not worth the time.

Originally posted by Desert_AIP View Post
            Ordered one of these 7"ers with PoE and the in wall mount.

http://www.geekland.co/7-Android-Wal...FC-GK-Q896.htm

Higher resolution than the 9" and Android 6 instead of 4.

Comment

Working...
            X