control local music client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control local music client?

is there a way to have homeseer or hstouch control a music client running on an android tablet?

ideally, in my kitchen, i'd like to have the android tablet be able to use its own speaker to control pandora or some other app for the girlfriend, she already likes the layout i have, and this would increase the WAF(GAF?) even more, if it would play an old time radio of some sort.

thanks

Maybe the Kodi plugin is an option.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-i...nd-movies.html
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

The Squeezebox plugin with an Android Squeezebox player will work too. You would need to install the Logitech Media Server on something as well. It can run on the same system as your HS system.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here favorite is Kodi and Squeezeplayer running on an Ubuntu desktop on the touchscreen tabletop tablets. Logitech Media Server here is running on the MythTV box which is running on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Works so well I do not pay attention much to it anymore.

[ATTACH]60680[/ATTACH]

You can make Kodi work independently and or sharing a common database. Kodi here is running on 64bit Ubuntu and currently getting many tickles to update to newest version. I did once upgrade once to V.17 (Krypton) and didn't like it so downgraded back to V.16 (Jarvis). The tickles are telling me that old V.16 will not be working much longer. First time seeing this message.

I have also created HSTouch buttons which function as radio buttons using one liners with VLC in Wintel.
        Last edited by Pete; April 15, 2017, 02:11 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

i was hoping to do it without a bunch of extra software, just an app on the client tablet, and thats it...ideally connecting to itunes

Comment

Yup; here do not utilize iTunes (just Kodi and LMS and VLC) and utilize Windows HSTouch clients.

That said have a look here at the available media plugins.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Yup; here do not utilize iTunes (just Kodi and LMS and VLC) and utilize Windows HSTouch clients.

That said have a look here at the available media plugins.

i dont see any HS plug ins that will do what i want, i'm pretty sure it will need to be a 3rd party app on the tablet, to allow the tablet to be used as a speaker for itunes on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by fischb22 View Post
                i dont see any HS plug ins that will do what i want, i'm pretty sure it will need to be a 3rd party app on the tablet, to allow the tablet to be used as a speaker for itunes on the computer.
                I had been running kodi on android but I have come across a plugin for setting up Kodi on homeseer. Something like this https://shop.homeseer.com/products/s...lug-in-for-hs3 could be of your help. It is both linux and windows compatible.

Comment

Working...
                X