No announcement yet.

Wink Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, guess what. I connected up the relay again with the intention of clipping my adb commands and subsequent error to post the output to you.
    I had left the relay in a recovered (factory reset) state. so had to do the root before progressing. This time as I was in a rush I didn't let KingRoot finish the full process - it Stops after the root process and then asks if you want to continue fixing the last ten percent (I think this is where it resecures the file system) I opted out at the 90% mark and reissued the Git commands and they went through without error. A trap for young players!

I'm not in a hurry to break it yet, but .. did you progress to do the upgraded build ? How about Wink upgrades?

Thanks very much for the reply and offer to help.

Regards

B

Comment

I left the wink software as-is, hstouch runs fine on it and MQTT is Rock solid. Never have a problem with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Perfect, that will do for me. Thanks.

Comment

Still have a problem, With the MQTT handler installed the relay defaults to power ON after power restoration. Is this the same on your unit? I would prefer the lights to be OFF after a power outage and restoration. I note the newer version wink-relay-manager Has this capability however you need to make the file first, which i'm not comfortable doing ATM.

Comment

I use wink relay manager it's much better and it does let you set the state of the relay on power up. The pre-compiled executable is included with the project just look around on the top right of the project page.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

mterry63,

I am very new to this, but I am trying to do what you have done. I want to use MQTT so that the buttons on my wink relays can communicate with homeseer.

I have a resberrypi running mosquito, and I can access with putty from separate computer. I just can figure out what to do with my wink relay so that i can get the wink relay manager on it. I cant find any directions or how to to make this happen. on git hub there are some instructions, but I dont really understand how to run those commands.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I'm in the process of moving and my Homeseer system is offline and not a priority at the moment.

The buttons are controlled by the ini file as documented in https://github.com/jimpastos/wink-relay-manager

Relay upper and lower flags indicate the preferred functionality per relay/button
                RELAY_FLAG_NONE 00000 Does nothing when you press a button
                RELAY_FLAG_TOGGLE 00001 Toggles the relay when button is pressed
                RELAY_FLAG_SEND_CLICK 00010 Sends the click event to MQTT
                RELAY_FLAG_SEND_HELD 00100 Sends the held event to MQTT
                RELAY_FLAG_SEND_RELEASE 01000 Sends the release event to MQTT
                RELAY_FLAG_GRAB_TOUCH_INPUT 10000 Toggle blocking screen touches when double clicked
                Flags need to be ORed to combine functionality
                relay_xxxxx_flags=1 // Just toggle the relay on button click relay_xxxxx_flags=2 // Just send click events relay_xxxxx_flags=3 // Toggle and send click events (0001 | 0010) = 0011 => 3

Comment

I appreciate your help. I was able to get the WINK-RELAY-MANAGER to work, and was able to control it with my homeseer system, but after allof this work, I was unable to get the sonos app to work as it didnt like the old android version of the wink relay. bummer as i was very excited about this setup.

drp

Comment

I just rooted my wink relay a few weeks ago and got it up and running google now launcher and a few basic apps. i managed to install wink-relay-manager today over adb and at this point im not quite sure where to go next

in mcsmqtt plugin on homeseer i am starting to see 5000+ received and not associated messages by mcsmqtt in the satistics plugin so i think its catching the mesages. Another clue its broadcasting from the relay is the :
                    Last Received Topic Relay/proximity/trigger

so it seems like the Relay is broadcasting messages and mcsMQTT is receiving i just have to setup devices for the items to connect the dots.

On my relay im just sitting at the home screen in android with no app open. Does the wink-relay-manager work without being open and running? it seems like i can run it in the background and pressing the physical buttons will broadcast messages to homeseer for button toggles and eventually once i have devices added to homeseer i can control the 2 relays from homeseer as well? and on top of that run hstouch on the screen for controlling other HS devices? i can't get HSMobile installed it seems that requires a newer version of android and i cant find hstouch on apkpure or google play store either. so not sure about installing a homeseer controlling app on the relay. using Chrome and visiting the desktop site at the HS ip works but pressing any buttons to turn things on and off does nothing. i think chrome is just to old to handle the web hs4 client.

I was under the impression the wink-relay-manager replaced the existing wink app but it seems to work in the background and not require using an open app to function

Comment

For anyone who has gotten this to work with homeseer and mcsMQTT plugin, what values are you using to trigger the relays to turn off or on?

I'm publishing to Relay/button/0/click and Relay/button/0/click/1 a payload of ON or OFF but the relays aren't triggering. I think I'm just missing something small. It's not very well documented on what to publish to the relay to turn the switches on or off.

I am able to subscribe to the temp, humidity, and proximity sensors and add them to devices in homeseer but i cant get publishing to the relay to work to turn the switches on or off properly.

Comment

Originally posted by dhod View Post
                        I just rooted my wink relay a few weeks ago and got it up and running google now launcher and a few basic apps. i managed to install wink-relay-manager today over adb and at this point im not quite sure where to go next

in mcsmqtt plugin on homeseer i am starting to see 5000+ received and not associated messages by mcsmqtt in the satistics plugin so i think its catching the mesages. Another clue its broadcasting from the relay is the :

so it seems like the Relay is broadcasting messages and mcsMQTT is receiving i just have to setup devices for the items to connect the dots.

On my relay im just sitting at the home screen in android with no app open. Does the wink-relay-manager work without being open and running?
                        Yes, consider it a service. There is no UI or foreground application.

it seems like i can run it in the background and pressing the physical buttons will broadcast messages to homeseer for button toggles and eventually once i have devices added to homeseer i can control the 2 relays from homeseer as well?
                        Yes, that's right. You can control the relays, and get the state of the buttons, screen, proximity sensor, temperature and humidity.

and on top of that run hstouch on the screen for controlling other HS devices?
                        Yes, that's exactly what I do.

i can't get HSMobile installed it seems that requires a newer version of android and i cant find hstouch on apkpure or google play store either. so not sure about installing a homeseer controlling app on the relay. using Chrome and visiting the desktop site at the HS ip works but pressing any buttons to turn things on and off does nothing. i think chrome is just to old to handle the web hs4 client.
                        Correct, it's android 4.x and only HSTouch will run on it. Maybe not the newest hstouch.apk at that. You can download the hstouch.apk from the forum and sideload it the same way you did the wink-relay-manager, however.

I was under the impression the wink-relay-manager replaced the existing wink app but it seems to work in the background and not require using an open app to function
                        Yes, as stated above.

Comment

For anyone who has gotten this to work with homeseer and mcsMQTT plugin, what values are you using to trigger the relays to turn off or on?

I'm publishing to Relay/button/0/click and Relay/button/0/click/1 a payload of ON or OFF but the relays aren't triggering. I think I'm just missing something small. It's not very well documented on what to publish to the relay to turn the switches on or off.

I am able to subscribe to the temp, humidity, and proximity sensors and add them to devices in homeseer but i cant get publishing to the relay to work to turn the switches on or off properly.
                          Here are the MQTT payloads I have associations with. The listed items without a PUB topic are read only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	125
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1427182

Here's the device setup in mcsMQTT for one of the relays:

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	132
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1427183

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Here are the MQTT payloads I have associations with. The listed items without a PUB topic are read only.
                            Thanks for the detailed reply. I was able to get the hub fully working with homeseer now. Only thing i cant figure out is how to combine all the devices homeseer created into one parent like 1 HS device called 'Relay' which has 2 switches, proximity, temp, and humidity, as well as the screen control on/off.

I tried making a parent device and then including all the associations into the parent ref but it doesn't work. for now having them all separate is not a big deal.

for some reason the proximity shows the proximity control as a secondary control but the temp and humidity are primary statuses in their devices. so in the mobile app in the devices list they show their value and are color coded with the icon. but proximity requires clicking on it and viewing the value. not a huge deal i guess but I'd just like to know why that sensor is different.

Name:	Screenshot_20201020-111002.png
Views:	207
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1427327

Name:	Screenshot_20201020-111033.png
Views:	113
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	1427328

Name:	Screenshot_20201020-111047.png
Views:	112
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1427329

Comment

I'm afraid someone else will have to chime in there. I'm still using HS3 and have no interest in the mobile app. I use HSBuddy on my mobile when necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X