Fire Tablet 7 Screen issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Tablet 7 Screen issues

I am attempting to build some screens for my Fire Tablet 7. When I set a button to navigate screens (Open new screen by itself), when installed on the Fire Tablet and I press the button I get a blank screen. I have have no issues with my iOS developments, but this is my first Android. Anybody else seen anything like this? Suggestions of what I can look for to solve this? Is the Fire Tablet 7 even really supported?

Originally posted by deakins View Post
    I am attempting to build some screens for my Fire Tablet 7. When I set a button to navigate screens (Open new screen by itself), when installed on the Fire Tablet and I press the button I get a blank screen. I have have no issues with my iOS developments, but this is my first Android. Anybody else seen anything like this? Suggestions of what I can look for to solve this? Is the Fire Tablet 7 even really supported?
    Are you trying to load up a new screen or do you have a popup with a devicetypes array and are expecting a devicechooser to load? I'm having some blank screen issues too and devicechooser misalignment issues. For example I put the coordinates as 0,0, yet the popup shows at 15,15. There seems to be some illegal "blind" border of 15 pixels.

Comment

I am trying to load a new screen by itself. It would be great if I could get this to work as Fire Tablets at $50 each means I can put in many wall mounted touch screens and really work on the Wife Factor.

Comment

Are you using 'action when released'? I found that Android devices work better if the button press action is on the press rather than the release. (In my case, pressing the Android 'back' button would take me from the blank screen to the screen I wanted when I used 'action when released', but 'action when pressed' gets me to the screen directly on both a Fire 8 and Fire 10. I don't have a Fire 7.)
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you very much. That was exactly the problem. I changed the navigation to action when pressed and it works fine now. I had always used the action when released with the iPads I set up. Now I can move forward with the project. Thank you very much, this was making me crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X