HSTouch Freezes Frequently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Freezes Frequently

I have had this issue for months. I have deployed HSTouch on several different android tablets, as well as on an old iPad. Seemingly randomly, HStouch freezes, I have to close it down, and then restart it. It can occur on the same tablet or on iPad several times per day, or not at all. I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534 (Windows 10 Pro). Any thoughts at troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I think historically RSS feeds could create little issues like this - do you use any in your project? It might be worth trying to remove them and seeing if that helps anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      I have had this issue for months. I have deployed HSTouch on several different android tablets, as well as on an old iPad. Seemingly randomly, HStouch freezes, I have to close it down, and then restart it. It can occur on the same tablet or on iPad several times per day, or not at all. I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534 (Windows 10 Pro). Any thoughts at troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.
      One thing I found with my tablets was to ensure that they all had fixed IP addresses (I use IP reservation on the router to set the fixed IP addresses, as well as with the HS server).

When the tablet freezes, does the server think the tablet is offline? How about the Router (for the tablet itself)? You can check if the tablet is online several ways, perhaps the easiest is to use the HS Touch developer to see if it can be "deployed" to.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        I think historically RSS feeds could create little issues like this - do you use any in your project? It might be worth trying to remove them and seeing if that helps anything.
        Thanks. I am not using RSS feeds.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

One thing I found with my tablets was to ensure that they all had fixed IP addresses (I use IP reservation on the router to set the fixed IP addresses, as well as with the HS server).

When the tablet freezes, does the server think the tablet is offline? How about the Router (for the tablet itself)? You can check if the tablet is online several ways, perhaps the easiest is to use the HS Touch developer to see if it can be "deployed" to.
          Thanks for these suggestions. My tablets do not have fixed IP addresses, so that is the first thing I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

It hasn't been 24 hours since I set up reserved IP addresses for all my android tablets and iPod and the stability has been amazing. So, this has solved my problem. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X