Staying connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying connected

For a long time, I've had trouble with my Android's HS3Touch staying connected to the MYHS service. I've been meaning to start a thread on this, but haven't gotten around to it. Well, now I get a strange error message: "Object variable or With Block variable not set." What means this?
    Sep-06 4:48:13 PM HSTouch Server Client Android named Jim's LG G5 has DISCONNECTED.
    Sep-06 4:49:19 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.137/50447
    Sep-06 4:49:20 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.137/50447) named Jim's LG G5 has CONNECTED.
    Sep-06 4:49:20 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.121
    Sep-06 4:49:25 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: PAVILLION IP address: 192.168.1.123
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: CIC Instance: Jim's LG G5 IP address: 192.168.1.137
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.137/50447) named Jim's LG G5 has CONNECTED.
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.121
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: PAVILLION Instance: Default IP address: 192.168.1.123
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    Sep-06 4:49:39 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: CIC Instance: Jim's LG G5 IP address: 192.168.1.137
    Sep-06 4:51:52 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Sep-06 4:52:04 PM HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.137/50447
    Sep-06 4:52:04 PM HSTouch Server Client Android:Jim's LG G5 (192.168.1.137/50447) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
    Sep-06 4:52:04 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CIC IP address: 192.168.1.137
    Sep-06 4:52:04 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    Sep-06 4:52:04 PM HSTouch Server Client Android named Jim's LG G5 has DISCONNECTED.
    Sep-06 4:52:22 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Sep-06 4:52:52 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Sep-06 4:53:15 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.137/50690
    Sep-06 4:53:15 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.137/50690) named Jim's LG G5 has CONNECTED.
    Sep-06 4:53:15 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.121
    Sep-06 4:53:15 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: CIC Instance: Jim's LG G5 IP address: 192.168.1.137
    Sep-06 4:53:22 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Sep-06 4:53:52 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Sep-06 4:54:22 PM Error Speaker host attempted to connect: Object variable or With block variable not set.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

It appears that maybe a remote speaker client is trying to connect to your HS3 instance. Is this remote speaker client the same version as your HS3 installations version?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is a problem where the Android tablets will loose connectivity with the HS server if the tablet's have a dynamic IP (DHCP assigned) address. I use the IP reservation feature on my Router to assign my Touch tablets to fixed IP addresses. The tablets become much more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
        There is a problem where the Android tablets will loose connectivity with the HS server if the tablet's have a dynamic IP (DHCP assigned) address. I use the IP reservation feature on my Router to assign my Touch tablets to fixed IP addresses. The tablets become much more stable.
        Roger that. I'll give it a try.

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          It appears that maybe a remote speaker client is trying to connect to your HS3 instance. Is this remote speaker client the same version as your HS3 installations version?
          I assume you mean a speaker client IN ADDITION to the one in my HS Touch app...that could be. But do I need to update all my various Speaker Clients every time I get an HS 3 update?

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

I assume you mean a speaker client IN ADDITION to the one in my HS Touch app...that could be. But do I need to update all my various Speaker Clients every time I get an HS 3 update?
            No, just meant remote speaker client installs and yes you need to update these in case something changes in the speaker client code.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

No, just meant remote speaker client installs and yes you need to update these in case something changes in the speaker client code.
              So every machine onto which I have downloaded HS3 for the purpose of deploying the Speaker Client, I need to re-download the latest HS3 from the website? And re-deploy the Speaker Client? And as to my HS3 Touch app, of course, that never gets updated, so I don't have to worry about that, right?

Jim Speiser
              Still don't know squat

Comment

An easier way might be to download the standalone speaker client installer from https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Look for Other Downloads -> Utilities -> HomeSeer Speaker Client, direct link http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupSpeaker.exe

Date on that file is 28 Feb 2018, so doesn't seem to update terribly often. As long as it works, don't mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  An easier way might be to download the standalone speaker client installer from https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Look for Other Downloads -> Utilities -> HomeSeer Speaker Client, direct link http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupSpeaker.exe

Date on that file is 28 Feb 2018, so doesn't seem to update terribly often. As long as it works, don't mess with it.
                  Is that a fairly new procedure? I was always told I needed to download the whole shibang in order to get the Speaker Client. If so, good deal.

Jim Speiser
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post

Is that a fairly new procedure? I was always told I needed to download the whole shibang in order to get the Speaker Client. If so, good deal.
                    I used the same version now available in early 2018 to set up my current workstation. Prior to that, probably early 2016, I used an older version on my then current station. I don't believe I ever installed HS3 on my 'regular' workstations.

Almost certainly there is a long-lost forum post that prompted my actions ...

Comment

If have something similar.

When my screen goes dark. A couple of minutes later I get this in the log:
                      HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.xxx.x.xxx/49664

I have an android phone (samsung galaxy S10+).

Is there a way to keep the connection. Because when you now unlock the phone the connection does not always come back.
                      THe only way is to kill and restart the client.

Comment

Originally posted by deloosem View Post

When my screen goes dark. A couple of minutes later I get this in the log:
                        HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.xxx.x.xxx/49664

Is there a way to keep the connection. Because when you now unlock the phone the connection does not always come back.
                        If your screen is going dark it's most likely severing the connection back to HS. You will need to prevent the screen from going dark and it may fix this issue.

Comment

Do not forget to set a fixed IP address on your phone, as described in post #3.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

Do not forget to set a fixed IP address on your phone, as described in post #3.
                            It did not make a difference to me.

Comment

It did not make a difference to me.
                              That is unfortunate. I have suggested this to a few people here, and most report back that it helped. But not all, like yourself.

Obviously there is more than one problem that will cause the Android tablet to loose connectivity. At least by setting a fixed IP address on the tablet, you have fixed one of those problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X