Suggested screen resolution for Samsung galaxy S10+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested screen resolution for Samsung galaxy S10+

Anybody have this phone )Samsung galaxy S10+) and have figured out a good screen resolution?

The device says it's 3040x1440.... which is obviously too big. Halving it to 1520x720 is close, but still too big to show in Designer.

Curious if anyone has found a great size?

Thanks.

I have a Samsung S10 and set the resolution to 2280 x 1080. My HSTouch screens are just 568 x 320. The app zooms it up which seems to work quite well. If I recall correctly it doesn't work well on my iPad, though but I only use Android devices for HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      I have a Samsung S10 and set the resolution to 2280 x 1080. My HSTouch screens are just 568 x 320. The app zooms it up which seems to work quite well. If I recall correctly it doesn't work well on my iPad, though but I only use Android devices for HSTouch.
      That actually makes me realize i need to understand something better. How should i think about the resolution setting for the overall project, vs. the screen size?

In my last project, i made a few smaller screens only so they looked like "overlays" on my main screen. But i'm guessing from your post there might be more to it.

Comment

I find that the Touch "Stretch to fit" works quite well. However, it does depend on the screen ratio being the same (height vs width). As long as that ratio is the same, it will look fine. If the ratio is different, then the screen will be stretched (or compressed) in one direction.

I then made sure that the ratio of the screen in designer is the same. I then just pick a size that works for me.

I lucked out in that all of my tablets had a ratio of 1.6 to 1. Now I look for that same ratio when buying a new tablet.

Comment

Same here, 1.6 to 1 is quite common, only my samsung s8-10 have 1.92 but stretch correctly with the client. I tend to go higher on the resolution and let the client scale down as I can benefit from the screen quality/detail of my higher end tablets; best ones are 2560x1600 and lower end is 976x600; I've been successfully using 1920x1200 for the last few months with good performance/quality results.

Ps: as stated in your initial post, you also have to keep in mind the designer's inability to zoom in/out vs your work screen resolution to decide whats best.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

That actually makes me realize i need to understand something better. How should i think about the resolution setting for the overall project, vs. the screen size?

In my last project, i made a few smaller screens only so they looked like "overlays" on my main screen. But i'm guessing from your post there might be more to it.
            I tried to find an HSTouch screen size that has a similar aspect ratio as the devices on which I run HSTouch. Maybe doubling the resolution on my HSTouch screens wouldn't hurt. Then again text actually looks very crisp and so do the images even without the higher resolution. I even took out my 4x Rodenstock and 22x magnifiers and event then the rendering looks great. I do use relatively small font sizes, though.

Comment

I just got a Galaxy Tab S6 and am having issues with scaling not working at all. I started with 2560x1600 then decided to scale down the project to see how the auto size works in the client, however, when I deploy the project (even after restarting the client). I get no scaling, the project just takes up less screen space and there is white padding on the right and bottom. What might I be doing wrong? I even tried turning off auto size and turning it back on between restarts and even reboots.

UPDATE: Nevermind, found Project Settings in the Designer.

Comment

Working...
              X