Device Status tracking via device Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Status tracking via device Value

I moved a HS Touch project from a windows tablet (died after 3 years) to an Android Tablet, and all works fine, except for Device Status Tracking via device "Value". I have some devices that track via device "Status Text", and they works fine. But just can't get it to track via Device Value.

Any Suggestions??

Rick

I use Android tablets exclusively and while most of my status tracking is with text I do have some value tracking which has been working reliably for years.
    What tablet(s) are you having trouble with? Have you tried deleting and recreating the tracking for the elements?
    This is from a screen from my phone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	STvalue.png
Views:	83
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1404591
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you for your response. Knowing that Tracking via Value does work confirms that the problem is something in my setup. What it is.....I have no idea!!!

I have a Vankyo MatrixPad S20 running Android 9

Yes I did try delete and recreate the element. And I tried tracking a new element via Value .... both with no success.

All suggestions are appreciated, as I am new to the world of Android Tablets.

Rick

Comment

Uncle Michael;

Looking at your post a little more....I take the "Tracking via Value" and use it in "Status Colors", see below. That's where I think it falls apart.

Do you do this also on your tablet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Status Image Editor.PNG
Views:	76
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1404673

Comment

You may be right. I do vaguely remember something about that being discussed on the board, but it was some time ago. I could not find any instance where I use a value to pick the status tracking color. It looks like all mine are based on status.
          Have you tried using status for the color? (You'd have to define status-graphics pairs for the entries.)
          What do you want the colors to signify?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

My example is for the Roomba robot vacuum. The device value represents a status message from Roomba. So I use that value to create the error message, and change the colors, i.e. the value of 0 in my example is changed to "No Error". As you see there are over 13 values that I convert to alternate Text.

I did try the status-graphics pair, but because the error message is multiple words, I ran into issue with that.

If it is in fact an Andriod/HSTouch issue, I'll stop "banging my head on the wall" trying and figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rmasci64 View Post
              I did try the status-graphics pair, but because the error message is multiple words, I ran into issue with that.
              I may not fully understand what you want to do, but if you create a VSP for the number 0 - call in "No Error", you may be able to use the 'No Error' status to select the color, even if you display the value.
              You can also create VSPs for ranges. That might allow you to assign colors to groups of status messages.

Comment

PS There is another forum for HSTouch that may get more attention. (I do not know why this one is here, but it is definitely confusing.)

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll work the device status approach some more.

I didn't know about the other forum. I'll check in there to see what I can find.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X