Trigger Event when HSTouch Returns to Main Screen After Being Inactive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Event when HSTouch Returns to Main Screen After Being Inactive

Hello, I have a problem I am hoping that someone has solved or has an idea.

I am looking to trigger an event when the inactivity timer times out and the screen goes back to the main screen.

My problem is that I am using Overlays Pro to display a webpage for my audio control. This works great and I am able to close out of it (By running an app within HSTouch). But if someone forgets to close the audio page, then the Overlaid page stays and then covers the main screen and blocks functionality unless I restart the HSTouch Client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I use positive feedback to HS3 to confirm an HSTouch screen is displayed by adding a HS3 JSON call to the page. Just add a textbox with Is_HTML set to true with a size of 1 pixel and configure a JSON URL to turn a specific device on. You know when the device changes state to ON that the specific screen was loaded.

This assumes you have JSON enabled.

Comment

Thank you!

That worked great. I used the JSON to trigger a device, which in turn triggered an event which told HS Touch to close the app.

Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by camry_dude View Post
        Thank you!

That worked great. I used the JSON to trigger a device, which in turn triggered an event which told HS Touch to close the app.

Tyler
        Just curious, how do you trigger the JSON call when the inactivity timer times out and the screen goes back to the main screen?

Comment

Just add the JSON http call outlined above to a hidden text box on the main screen. It will be triggered any time the main screen is displayed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X