Optimal Fire Tablet for HSTouch client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thedude View Post
    Well, the cheap $25 fire 10 HD is not available anymore and it is for very old versions like 2017. Obviously you get what you pay. The question now is how to choose between the options below. As a reminder I will need 6 to 10 pieces so price is important but also important is the end result. I was wondering why active posters here lean towards Fire 10 HD. What's wrong with option 2. below. Your comments will be appreciated as well as other options than the 3 options listed below.

1. Buy Fire 10 HD (refurbished 2021 model) for about $80 and go trough the hassle of removing all bloat ware.
    2. Buy new Android 11 "no name" 10" tablet for $65
    3. Buy new Samsung 10" tablet for $150
    Sorry I wasn't clear that they weren't the latest model. Even an older HD10 is plenty fast enough to run Fully Kiosk Browser, which is what I use for my HSTile UI. FKB supports all the way down to Android 4.4 and is released as an APK, so no need for Amazon nor Google Play store.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Sorry I wasn't clear that they weren't the latest model. Even an older HD10 is plenty fast enough to run Fully Kiosk Browser, which is what I use for my HSTile UI. FKB supports all the way down to Android 4.4 and is released as an APK, so no need for Amazon nor Google Play store.
      It took me a while to learn HSTouch and now I have to learn HSTile. No thank you. I'd rather spend more money on Android tablets. One lesson from the past - do not upgrade. Freeze a working system. I had good working system based on iPads framed on the walls. I upgraded the iPads or HSTouch app (don't remember which one first) but I lost compatibility forever.

Comment

Working...
      X