Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSPanel Pro (Android) cant turn off system/nav bar at the bottom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSPanel Pro (Android) cant turn off system/nav bar at the bottom.

Hi All,
    I have been testing the SonOFF NSPanel Pro (480x480) with HSTouch4 (Side loaded) everything seems to be working correctly apart from the system bar at the bottom (back, home, menu,etc) is always visible, and uses up valuable screen real estate, if I disable the system bar in Android settings the buttons disappear as they should but the white bar is still visible where the buttons used to be.

I've tried every variation of auto scaling in both the client and project settings, if I disable scaling it almost works but the screen extends past the 480x480, so now its possible to scroll the whole page up and down which can mess with the layout and button presses.

When booting the HSTouch client, the screen briefly reports a resolution of 432x480.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
    Mike

I've not worked with the HS4Touch client but I know from using Fully Kiosk Browser with the NSPanel Pro, I had to allow the app to manage the device before it could hide that bar. This may require a change to the HS4Touch client. I would open a support ticket and ask HST to investigate.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      I've not worked with the HS4Touch client but I know from using Fully Kiosk Browser with the NSPanel Pro, I had to allow the app to manage the device before it could hide that bar. This may require a change to the HS4Touch client. I would open a support ticket and ask HST to investigate.
      Thanks kenm, I have submitted a support ticket.

Comment

In the meantime, you could always get rid of the bars through the tablet settings. I can still use the back button through a gesture. And its easy to turn the bars on and off when desired.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
          In the meantime, you could always get rid of the bars through the tablet settings. I can still use the back button through a gesture. And its easy to turn the bars on and off when desired.
          What OS version are you running? Can you provide the specifics on locating that setting? I can't find anything that does that in settings.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Cross-posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
              Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately even if I do that even though the status bar disappears the space it takes up is still populated with a blank bar where the status bar used to be as I mentioned in the original post.

Cheers
              Mike

Comment

Which launcher did you install?

When I converted mine for fully Kiosk browser and HSTile, I installed ultra small launcher
                This did not have a system bar and was controlling it via adb.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Which launcher did you install?

When I converted mine for fully Kiosk browser and HSTile, I installed ultra small launcher
                  This did not have a system bar and was controlling it via adb.
                  Hi Jon, Yup I installed the same launcher and using adb when needed, so are you using the NSPanelTools to execute HSTile at boot or when you say full kiosk browser are you saying that now becomes your whole interface, think i saw this when i tried another launcher (Target Home Launcher, I think it was called). I would use HSTile, looks great but ive done a lot of work on HSTouch over the years.

Great little devices, shame they haven't made the Pro in US switch format like the old ones, I had to purchase some square UK style wall boxes from amazon UK and get them shipped to the US and so will be needing to do some drywall repair or move back to the UK ;-)

Comment

Lol!

At the moment I am booting to ultra small launcher and just clicking the FKB icon whilst testing. As FKB is a launcher in its own right, I will switch directly to that once happy. You set FKB to a home page so it always opens up HSTile (or web page of your choice) in full screen.

Jon

Comment

mikesnook I was looking at 3D printing a couple of these. I talked to our local inspector and he said he'd pass either that adapter with a US double-gang box or a UK box.

Comment

mikesnook I was looking at 3D printing a couple of these. I talked to our local inspector and he said he'd pass either that adapter with a US double-gang box or a UK box.
                        I was concerned about the plastic being used, I have FDM and a resin printer and dabble with Fusion360 was going to design something, but was concerned about putting 3D printed parts in an electrical outlet, I'm surprised an inspector would be ok with these, even if printed with just PLA (much better materials out there I know, just an example)? I guess its inside a US approved double gang box maybe?

Comment

TBH, I didn't mention that is was 3D printed. I just showed him a picture of the adapter and he said it looked OK. I think you are correct. I'd rather swap out the box and get that extra margin of safety.

Comment

TBH, I didn't mention that is was 3D printed. I just showed him a picture of the adapter and he said it looked OK. I think you are correct. I'd rather swap out the box and get that extra margin of safety.
                            Its a shame for sure, although there are flame resistant materials which would make me feel a little better: https://www.matterhackers.com/store/...kg/sk/MH6R0X0G

Comment

Nice find. That material is UL94 V-0 rated per their data sheet.

https://www.ultrafusefff.com/wp-cont...DS_EN_v1.1.pdf

Combining this material and the fact that the adapter is inserted inside the dual-gang box, that seems fairly safe. In one case for me, I'm replacing a single-gang box so I might as well replace it with the UK box.

Comment

Working...
                              X